Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

100 Years Ago Today...

Michchamp

... US entered WWI.

The "War to End All Wars" they called it, among other things. Nobody called it World War I at the time because they didn't know there would be ANOTHER world war just over 20 years later.

... US entered WWI.

The "War to End All Wars" they called it, among other things. Nobody called it World War I at the time because they didn't know there would be ANOTHER world war just over 20 years later.

A bit late to the party as always.

"This is not peace, this is armistice for 20 years" ~Ferdinand Foch

Man world war l changed the face of war for all time. From 1861 to 1914 it feels like technology took such a huge jump in that time. The damn machine gun is just one example.

WWI played a big role in my existence... Great grandpa Michchamp left Sicily because of it and came to the US... he had fought for Italy against the Turks in 1911-12, and his parents said "okay-a fuck-a this a bullsheetta. we're-a gonna senda you to a less-a retarded country, and you gonna set up-pa shop a-there."

most of my Polish ancestors left the German/Austrian parts of what is now Poland for the same reason, and ended up in Hamtramck.

WWI played a big role in my existence... Great grandpa Michchamp left Sicily because of it and came to the US... he had fought for Italy against the Turks in 1911-12, and his parents said "okay-a fuck-a this a bullsheetta. we're-a gonna senda you to a less-a retarded country, and you gonna set up-pa shop a-there."

most of my Polish ancestors left the German/Austrian parts of what is now Poland for the same reason, and ended up in Hamtramck.

Smart people in your past !!!!!

I thought maybe the History channel would have some cool documentaries today but all they played was Swamp People and Pawn Stars bullshit. That channel has become a joke.

I thought maybe the History channel would have some cool documentaries today but all they played was Swamp People and Pawn Stars bullshit. That channel has become a joke.

try putting down the TV remote and visiting your local library!

There is a lot of great documentaries on world war l , And other wars . Easy to if you don't have time for books .

Last edited:
There is a lot of great documentaries on world war l , And other wars . Easy to if you don't have time for books .

I've been impressed by all the new docs Netflix has been producing. there's too much to watch there now.

Say what you want about Trump, but he sure knows how to celebrate an anniversary.

Last edited:
Back