Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 3: Red Sox @ Tigers; April 7, 2017

But that 0-2 pitch was still jacked foul a long ways ... that is still unacceptable.

Come back win today. But it was a blown save as well. This bull pen is going to be keeping us on pins and beer all season.

Gonna be a loooooooong summer fellas

If you can believe it, I am alot calmer in my post than while watching.

If this is what we are going to get every game a reliever comes in, it 'will be a looooong season'.
Starters like Verlander and Fulmer are going to get screwed out of wins.
JV could have had another 7 or 8 more wins last year if the bullpen didn't blow it or the offense score more than 1 or 2 runs for him.

Last edited:
If you can believe it, I am alot calmer in my post than while watching.

If this is what we are going to get every game a reliever comes in, it 'will be a looooong season'
Starters like Verlander and Fulmer are going to get screwed out of wins.
JV could have had another 7 or 8 more wins last year if the bullpen didn't blow it or the offense score more than 1 or 2 runs for him.

Agreed, it cost JV a cy

Red Sox were without a lot of regulars in their lineup today. Xander Bogaerts, Mookie Betts, and Hanley Ramirez. Might have missed one other person. A case of the flu went through their clubhouse, and I think a couple were on the bereavement list.

ROARS:
Victor Martinez: Drove in the first two runs for the Tigers, the first on a sacrifice fly in the first and the latter on an RBI single in the sixth. He also drew a two-out walk in the eighth that led to the Tigers getting their lead back.

Michael Fulmer: Gave up no runs and struck out four across six innings pitched despite some command issues.

James McCann: Provided the cushion run support that Detroit needed with a two-run homer against Wright.

Eighth inning: Mikie Mahtook capitalized on the two-on, two-out chance with an RBI double ripped down the left field line to tie the game. He was pinch running for Tyler Collins, who was 2-for-3 at that point in the game. The offense

HISSES:
Tigers offense: Had just two hits across five innings and hit into multiple double plays despite Steven Wright?s shaky start.

Tigers bullpen: Bruce Rondon walked a batter and a stolen base, then gave up back to back hits, the latter of which was a double to put runners on second and third base.
Alex Wilson, who relieved Rondon, promptly gave up an RBI single before striking out Sandy Leon.
Francisco Rodriguez, asked to get a four-out save, gave up a three-run homer to Pablo Sandoval and put the Tigers in a hole.

STREAKS AND INFO:
The Tigers? purchased attendance of 45,013 marked the sixth-highest Opening Day attendance in Comerica Park history, and the seventh-most all-time.

James McCann went 16 games (59 plate appearances) in 2016 before hitting his first home run, a two-run shot to deep left off of left-handed pitcher Drew Smyly. Friday?s dinger happened in Game 3 against a righty.

Miguel Cabrera still doesn?t have a hit to start the season. He?s 0-for-10 with three strikeouts and three walks, one intentional.

not surprised.. K-rod wasn't that great in ST and got off to a slow start last year also. Brad just stop already. leave starters in for 120+ each time if they are still getting guys out. pitch counts are over rated.

So two bad bullpens, - ironic that it's Avila, and his old boss Dombrowski.

I have a good idea on how to help the bullpen , keep Jimenez in the minors !! Makes sense doesnt it ?

Ian Kinsler?s 6 total bases are most by a Tigers leadoff hitter on Opening Day since Roy Johnson in 1932 (7).

Back