Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Favorite places to eat in downtown AA

uofmdixon

I am taking my wife down to the spring game next weekend and planned on hitting up a bunch of restaurants while we are in town. We usually hit up the same places, but wanted to try someone different. I am also looking for advice on coffee shops near the stadium. Can anyone help me out?

My wife and I love Grizzly Peak.

We dig Black Pearl if we're in the mood for seafood. Blue Tractor has solid BBQ.

We also bar hop to Jolly Pumpkin, Arbor Brewing, Conor's, Mash (below Blue Tractor), and Heidelberg if we want to down a Das Boot!!!
105ddee9fbd7cb838e3688324d509464.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Are they all near Jolly Pumpkin? My wife loves Jolly Pumpkins, but I'm trying to get her to try other places.

I don't know about coffee shops near the Stadium; there might be a Starbucks or something on West Stadium Blvd... but it'll probably be a 15 min or so hike.

If you have time, Sweetwater coffee (its across the street kitty corner from Grizzly Peak) is worth it. Pick up a pound of coffee for home as well... it's pretty great.

I don't know about coffee shops near the Stadium; there might be a Starbucks or something on West Stadium Blvd... but it'll probably be a 15 min or so hike.

If you have time, Sweetwater coffee (its across the street kitty corner from Grizzly Peak) is worth it. Pick up a pound of coffee for home as well... it's pretty great.

Ok, Thanks!!

Are there any special offers during the spring game this year? like tours or anything like that?

Last edited:
for a limited time, Hungry is offering 50% off regular prices to listen to him bitch about the weather that day.

HaHa

Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day. They are doing it 2 weeks later this year, like I've begged for.

Alas, I won't be going, so I won't be bitching about the weather...so of course, it's going to be nice.

HaHa

Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day. They are doing it 2 weeks later this year, like I've begged for.

Alas, I won't be going, so I won't be bitching about the weather...so of course, it's going to be nice.

I was going to tell our buddy MichChamp that you had already posted it that you wouldn't be going? But I decided to wait for you to do it.

I guess the grizzly place where you and I met up with Mich Lady is as good as any? Everyplace I remember from my Ann Arbor days seems to be gone.

My wife and I love Grizzly Peak.

We dig Black Pearl if we're in the mood for seafood. Blue Tractor has solid BBQ.

We also bar hop to Jolly Pumpkin, Arbor Brewing, Conor's, Mash (below Blue Tractor), and Heidelberg if we want to down a Das Boot!!!
105ddee9fbd7cb838e3688324d509464.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

is that Brady Hoke on the left?

I really like the Real Seafood Co. I tend to go there on my birthday or my wife's birthday, as they offer a free birthday dinner with a free dessert.

it is a 1 minute walk to Jolly Pumpkin from there for some nice sour beer.

unfortunately she is forcing me to stop at IKEA friday evening while we are in town. lol

Jolly Pumpkin and those affiliated spots are owned by a couple of guys I went to HS with in TC and are all great locations -- not fancy, but high quality.

Zingerman's Roadhouse is up on Jackson Rd., but has very good food at a typically Zingerman's spendy level, but solid.

unfortunately she is forcing me to stop at IKEA friday evening while we are in town. lol

prepare yourself for spending $100 over what you thought you would be spending... then you won't walk away feeling violated, saying to yourself "How the shit did we just pay $250 when I was told we only went there to get placemats and a side table that was listed for $89.99?"

Back