Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Bruce Rondon Optioned to Tolede for Joe Jimenez

You could tell from the first time out there.. Had no control with his fastball. Good move.

Everyone is missing a point here. Out of spring, Rondon was immediately awarded the 8th inning setup role. Who did this? And what was it based on?

By all accounts, Jimenez will be a great reliever. But all the scouts had said he needed more work. Now we are going to rush his development just because he is the best option left in the organization. He could very well be fine. However, I do not trust Ausmus' ability to manage pitchers of any type.

Everyone is missing a point here. Out of spring, Rondon was immediately awarded the 8th inning setup role. Who did this? And what was it based on?

By all accounts, Jimenez will be a great reliever. But all the scouts had said he needed more work. Now we are going to rush his development just because he is the best option left in the organization. He could very well be fine. However, I do not trust Ausmus' ability to manage pitchers of any type.

I just hope Brad doesn't thrust him straight into the setup role. Let him start out in the 6th, 7th inning for awhile. I did reason that J Wilson will be the setup guy most days going forward which was encouraging. He's pitched well so far. I had the same conversation yesterday with a coworker about Rondon given the setup role based on the last 1-2 months of the season. That is absurd in my opinion. That was all on Brad, I don't think Brad set him up to succeed. I realize a player has to perform, but the managers job is to put him in a role he can handle. Rondon has been given every chance he could ask for...glad he's gone for now.

Does he have options? I would think a guy that has spent that much time on a big league roster doesn't, so I would guess another team will grab him up if he's out.

dale675;749340[B said:
]I just hope Brad doesn't thrust him straight into the setup role[/B]. Let him start out in the 6th, 7th inning for awhile. I did reason that J Wilson will be the setup guy most days going forward which was encouraging. He's pitched well so far. I had the same conversation yesterday with a coworker about Rondon given the setup role based on the last 1-2 months of the season. That is absurd in my opinion. That was all on Brad, I don't think Brad set him up to succeed. I realize a player has to perform, but the managers job is to put him in a role he can handle. Rondon has been given every chance he could ask for...glad he's gone for now.

Does he have options? I would think a guy that has spent that much time on a big league roster doesn't, so I would guess another team will grab him up if he's out.

Think todays game answered that for ya , i was fully expecting Jimenez to pitch today but he went with his regular guys . I def like J Wilson , power arm as a lefty and hes done well . Work Jiminez in slowly and let him get some innings under his belt before being thrown into the fire ( even tho i have confidence he will perform )

Back