Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Dj Wilson declares for NBA draft, doesn't hire an agent

Not surprising. This year's draft is loaded so I'll be a bit surprised if they both don't stay at UM. Smart for them to go through the process and get their evals.

If they do both leave we are fucked for next year. Austin Davis and Teske will be our only bigs.

Yeah, these dudes are clearly not ready. The Darius Morris situation comes to mind. He wasnt ready either, but he was way more ready than these two.

Wagner can't possibly be ready for the NBA and until the end of the season, Wilson didn't look like much of a D-1 hoops player, let alone an NBA caliber Pro.

Both will be back ...

Wagner can't possibly be ready for the NBA and until the end of the season, Wilson didn't look like much of a D-1 hoops player, let alone an NBA caliber Pro.

Both will be back ...

Swanigan is being rated around the 30th best prospect in this draft. No way DJ or Moe should be above him. They are doing the right thing in getting their evals, but they shouldn't leave early to be 2nd round picks.

Swanigan is being rated around the 30th best prospect in this draft. No way DJ or Moe should be above him. They are doing the right thing in getting their evals, but they shouldn't leave early to be 2nd round picks.

Am I missing something with Swanigan? The fact that he's the late first round projection blows my mind, I'm stunned he isn't in the top 10/lottery.

Between him and DJ, he's the guy I want back the most if I had to choose one.

Could potentially pull in two grad transfers. If Wilson does end up going to the draft, I hope he's ready for the harsh reality that he's not NBA ready and will be D-league bound.

I didn't get to talk to DJ (at banquet last night) but told Wagner I hope he stays but agrees it as good to get feedback

If Miles Bridges is going to stay, DJ and Moe have no business leaving.

Eh, those two aren't connected.

Miles is staying because he seems like he genuinely wants to win a title. Him going or staying wouldn't really impact where those two were drafted other than one spot.

I think both need to stay. One year isn't enough to really judge. It you can see where they have potential

I think the main goal is to get feedback

Eh, those two aren't connected.

Miles is staying because he seems like he genuinely wants to win a title. Him going or staying wouldn't really impact where those two were drafted other than one spot.

I keep seeing a lot of people say this. Do people honestly think that Bridges will stay at MSU for 4 years? I mean, if they keep not winning a title?

I keep seeing a lot of people say this. Do people honestly think that Bridges will stay at MSU for 4 years? I mean, if they keep not winning a title?

Yeah, I think the issue is that he believes another year will raise his visibility on a MUCH better team. Might make him a top 2-3 pick.

He's coming back because he realizes that next season is when all of these players will be together and it's the best chance to win.

I think it's a stupid decision personally but it is what it is.

Last edited:
I think it's stupid, too

Does he mean big 10 title or national title?

What will he do next year if they don't win what he wants? If he leaves, then he pretty much just lost millions of dollars by playing a year of college ball for nothing. He'll still make millions, but he'll never make that year up.

Back