Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Matthew Stafford 15th-best No. 1 pick of common draft era

Given all the names on the list, that's pretty damn good. It's actually a little surprising given how little the Lions have accomplished, but he's also got a number of good years ahead.

I still remember fighting with Slick about drafting him. He wanted Curry. I have always been a staff fan and still am! We didnt do to bad in that draft. So many players especially at the top were busts. Many even said Sanchez or Freeman were better QB's. Didnt help Staff was injured first couple years.

15 out of 50 and we all know how the draft is a crap shoot and how many busts there are out of the number 1 spot. Rank 30 - 50 are basically all busts except Clowney whos been good for 1 year. So technically if you look at players that actually played a meaningful career, then hes 15 out of 30. Sounds pretty average to me.

Last edited:
Back