Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

so much bad shit

Michchamp

there is so much bad shit happening right now, I can't even begin to comment on it.

A bunch of uneducated Americans got together and nominated a dumbass to be president. The world will end... but at least we have a businessman in office!

A bunch of uneducated Americans got together and nominated a dumbass to be president. The world will end... but at least we have a businessman in office!

during the campaign, I heard some interviews with a guy named Wayne Barrett. He was a longtime journalist in NYC and had been covering the Trump family since the 70's. He wrote this biography of Trump in the early 90's, and later updated it more recently with all the dumb shit Trump had done since then. Trump hated him and refused to be interviewed for the book.

Barret died the day before Trump's inauguration. Smart guy.

Anyway... I'm about halfway through the bio, and Trump is even more of an awful person than I thought. I didn't think that was possible, but he's a complete liar, petty, vindictive, cruel, spiteful, and totally spineless whenever he runs up against someone who can punch back. Ugh.

Anyway... I'm about halfway through the bio, and Trump is even more of an awful person than I thought. I didn't think that was possible, but he's a complete liar, petty, vindictive, cruel, spiteful, and totally spineless whenever he runs up against someone who can punch back. Ugh.

You need to read a whole book actually to know this?

Hey who is your avatar now? It kinda looks like Jack Nicholson trying to be Abraham Lincoln.

also... I didn't need to read the book to Know Trump was an awful person... it just suprised me he was even more awful than I had expected.

also... I didn't need to read the book to Know Trump was an awful person... it just suprised me he was even more awful than I had expected.

Again do not worry. By the end of the president of Senor Trump, a new biography of Trump will be taught in every school. It will be the best biography to clear up all the lies and propaganda you have just consumed. It will be GREAT!

Gen. William Tecumseh Sherman

Well I'll be.

He was a pretty handsome bastard.

There should be a movie based on his life, starring his modern day doppelganger, Jack Nicholson, as William Tecumseh Sherman.

General Sherman from Gone with the Wind, I ain't never seen no picture of him before.

Well I'll be.

He was a pretty handsome bastard.

There should be a movie based on his life, starring his modern day doppelganger, Jack Nicholson, as William Tecumseh Sherman.

General Sherman from Gone with the Wind, I ain't never seen no picture of him before.

I think Nicholson is a little too old to play Sherman... although he lived to be 71, he was only in his early-mid 40's during the Civil War. Nicholson is 79 now. Wow!

Sherman is buried in a Catholic cemetery, and his son was a Jesuit priest, who presided over his father's funeral. I hope that WTS had a deathbed conversion in his own heart and mind. At least the son had the same sand as his dad did.

Sherman is buried in a Catholic cemetery, and his son was a Jesuit priest, who presided over his father's funeral. I hope that WTS had a deathbed conversion in his own heart and mind. At least the son had the same sand as his dad did.

according to wikipedia, Sherman's oldest son became a Jesuit priest to his father's "great displeasure and sorrow."

That's pretty much how I'd feel if one of my sons became a priest. I'd be like "What the fuck are you doing? Have you gone completely mad?!?"

according to wikipedia, Sherman's oldest son became a Jesuit priest to his father's "great displeasure and sorrow."

That's pretty much how I'd feel if one of my sons became a priest. I'd be like "What the fuck are you doing? Have you gone completely mad?!?"

Well, brace yourself, then.

This, also, from Sherman, in December, 1861:

"You people of the South don?t know what you are doing. This country will be drenched in blood, and God only knows how it will end. It is all folly, madness, a crime against civilization! You people speak so lightly of war; you don?t know what you?re talking about. War is a terrible thing! You mistake, too, the people of the North. They are a peaceable people but an earnest people, and they will fight, too. They are not going to let this country be destroyed without a mighty effort to save it. Besides, where are your men and appliances of war to contend against them? The North can make a steam engine, locomotive, or railway car; hardly a yard of cloth or pair of shoes can you make. You are rushing into war with one of the most powerful, ingeniously mechanical, and determined people on Earth?right at your doors. You are bound to fail. Only in your spirit and determination are you prepared for war. In all else you are totally unprepared, with a bad cause to start with. At first you will make headway, but as your limited resources begin to fail, shut out from the markets of Europe as you will be, your cause will begin to wane. (Italics mine) If your people will but stop and think, they must see in the end that you will surely fail."

Well, brace yourself, then.

This, also, from Sherman, in December, 1861:

"You people of the South don?t know what you are doing. This country will be drenched in blood, and God only knows how it will end. It is all folly, madness, a crime against civilization! You people speak so lightly of war; you don?t know what you?re talking about. War is a terrible thing! You mistake, too, the people of the North. They are a peaceable people but an earnest people, and they will fight, too. They are not going to let this country be destroyed without a mighty effort to save it. Besides, where are your men and appliances of war to contend against them? The North can make a steam engine, locomotive, or railway car; hardly a yard of cloth or pair of shoes can you make. You are rushing into war with one of the most powerful, ingeniously mechanical, and determined people on Earth?right at your doors. You are bound to fail. Only in your spirit and determination are you prepared for war. In all else you are totally unprepared, with a bad cause to start with. At first you will make headway, but as your limited resources begin to fail, shut out from the markets of Europe as you will be, your cause will begin to wane. (Italics mine) If your people will but stop and think, they must see in the end that you will surely fail."

yeah, I've read that before. I actually think it's great! I think I actually posted it elsewhere on the board once. he was president of the military academy that later became LSU at the time.

Here in Texas, Sam Houston delivered a similar warning to the dumbasses around him calling for Secession. He was governor when Lincoln was elected, and refused to secede, so the Texans threw him out of office.

I think he wrote it earlier than Dec 1861. wasn't fort sumter earlier than that? the war already started.

Back