Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Chinese troop movements on Korea Border

What, Jimmy Carter talked to North Korea over a decade after his presidency was over? What a GOD DAMN HERO!

Did the carrier pigeon he send take 15-20 years to arrive?

Fuck Jimmy Carter!

Uh... why? Does he have a history of diplomacy and peacemaking I'm not familiar with?

"Former Gov. Bill Richardson of New Mexico, a veteran diplomat and North Korea troubleshooter..."

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/16/...edCoverage&region=EndOfArticle&pgtype=article

He's our go-to N. Korea guy. He's been over there several times in official and unofficial capacities. Nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize 3 times. At first US leadership sent him, but I seem to remember at some point when tensions were high N. Korea reached out to him directly to start a round of talks.

Last edited:
I'm now of the opinion that nothing is going to come or this whatsoever after reading that leaked memo about how even South Korea doesn't want re-unification after studying the German situation in 1990 and estimating the costs of investing in the North would be 10 times as great.

at least we got to see those pics of Mike Pence standing along the DMZ in his leather jacket, trying to look tough, but looking completely stupid and ridiculous instead. What a tool.

13306274.jpg

"Don't try nothin. The Army got me these big boy binoculars. I can see all the way to Pyongyang."

You gotta love that the Office of Vice President comes with a leather bomber jacket.

At least, I'm assuming it's real leather.

Back