Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

TJ Watt in the second round makes sense

A couple of reports have said Quinn is in love with Watt. There's at least a chance we see that pick at #21.

A couple of reports have said Quinn is in love with Watt. There's at least a chance we see that pick at #21.

21 seems high for Watt... I say snag a higher rated guy and hope to trade up for Watt in the 2nd.... Can't bank on trading up for guys though... Although i wouldn't be opposed to trading back and taking him with a lower first round pick if we gain some value....

Tyus Bowser (OLB) and Jarrad Davis (ILB) are two rising LB prospects. If there is no DE available, I could see either one. Hopefully after a trade down though. 21 too high for both.

I don't try to guess which round a guy might land in. I'll leave that to the mock draft guys and the Mel Kipers and Todd Mcshay's of the world. But I do know ever single year some guy that everyone thought was a mid second round guy gets taken in the first.

A few years ago, Kyle Long was being "projected" universally as a 3rd rounder. Bears took him in the first. They've been pretty happy with that.

Just after the draft someone asked the Bears GM about taking Long so high. He said every team he talked to thought Long was a first rounder. Reporter made a comment about "Mil Kiper thinks he was a 3rd round pick". Bears GM responded with "Which team is Mel Kiper the GM for?".

I will never say "too early".. because only the scouts know, and they don't do mock drafts we can read ahead of time.

Alot of potential trade down targets....good year to need defense in rd 1.

LB Jarrad Davis/Zach Cunningham
CB Adoree Jackson/Kevin King/Tre'davious White
DE TJ Watt/Charles Harris (Scheme fit?)
S Obi Melifonwu

Alot of potential trade down targets....good year to need defense in rd 1.

LB Jarrad Davis/Zach Cunningham
CB Adoree Jackson/Kevin King/Tre'davious White
DE TJ Watt/Charles Harris (Scheme fit?)
S Obi Melifonwu

I like all of them except the Safety and Watt would most likely play linebacker for us from what I've heard about him but really would LOVE if we traded down for any of those guys....

Back