Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Schedule

6 games vs top 10 defenses, 2 average, 8 bad defenses barring changes from 2016

6 games vs top 10 offenses, 2 average, 8 bad offenses barring changes from 2016

5 games vs 2016 playoff teams

I like this schedule. Feels balanced.

The national games are awesome, home or road. I like the mid season bye. I love that we play the 2nd Packers game at home, always nice to avoid Lambeau in December. Arguably three of the four toughest out of conference games are at home.

Very favorable schedule imo, very balanced and finish against each div opponent at home in second half

Very doable

11-5

Fifth hardest strength of schedule compared to last season win % of each team.... Looks pretty brutal I will be super happy to get to 10 wins.... Going to be tough though

5 playoff teams from last year and 3 at home. Played 5 playoff teams last year with 4 on road and one at home Sunday night in Week 17

Even if Panthers, Vikings, Cardinals get better. 3 of those 4 games are at home

at Saints, we've won there twice in a row now in the Dome.

We'll see if the Bucs, Ravens and Bengals improve.

17-7 at home under Caldwell. 10-14 on the road so far in 3 years.

11 wins is the most probable outcome given the Lions talent level.

5 playoff teams from last year and 3 at home. Played 5 playoff teams last year with 4 on road and one at home Sunday night in Week 17

Even if Panthers, Vikings, Cardinals get better. 3 of those 4 games are at home

at Saints, we've won there twice in a row now in the Dome.

We'll see if the Bucs, Ravens and Bengals improve.

17-7 at home under Caldwell. 10-14 on the road so far in 3 years.

11 wins is the most probable outcome given the Lions talent level.

LKP, you silly little troll. 11 wins is not the most probable outcome. 11 the most likely ceiling win total for this team. IMO, the most probable win total is 8

LKP, you silly little troll. 11 wins is not the most probable outcome. 11 the most likely ceiling win total for this team. IMO, the most probable win total is 8

I see 9-7 being realistic, but we're right in that same neighborhood. 11 would take a few lucky breaks.

There is no way to gauge how tough the schedule is at this point, teams can be so drastically different from one year to the next these days you just can't judge this anymore prior to any games being played.

What I like most about the schedule is the balance, it should help a lot in keeping them all in a regular routine, home, road, home, road, home, road etc.. I like it... NFL wants the Lions to win this year. lol

Last edited:
I agree. My guess is the Vegas line will be 8.5 wins

Seems about right to me. I'd take the over on that one.

I'm not expecting the Lions to do much better, I think they can get to 9, but I also don't expect them to do any worse and one lucky game gets you a nice win.

10 is their floor. 11 most probable.

10 is their floor. 11 most probable.

There is no way 10 is their floor. I don't even know why I read your replies anymore. I don't think even you believe your crap.

Fifth hardest strength of schedule compared to last season win % of each team.... Looks pretty brutal I will be super happy to get to 10 wins.... Going to be tough though

This shows it as 21st hardest:

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/234722/2017-nfl-strength-of-schedule

Not that I put much into strength of schedule. We have essentially the same schedule as everyone in our division. GB gets Seattle and Cowboys, we get Arizona and Giants, so thats good for the Lions.

We have no excuse not to win the division, it is a big failure if we can't do that.

Back