Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Schedule

Were coming off one of the weakest SoS seasons and a bunch of miraculous pull it out your ass wins to get to 9-7 last year.

Off season to date our oline has improved and our defense has not.

Take on schedule next year: Need to be 4-2 going into the bye week cause youre probably looking at back to back Ls comming off the bye week. I like the 2nd half of the year but you cant dig yourself a very big hole in the first half. 9-7 would be a GREAT season.

This strength of schedule is very weak

5 playoff teams last year. 4 on road

5 this year. 3 at home

11-5 as the refs finally don't screw the lions over in 4 games

5 this year. 3 at home

11-5 as the refs finally don't screw the lions over in 4 games[/QUOTE]

You've complained about the refs costing the Lions games literally every single season. Why would any rational person who thinks this way make the prediction that it suddenly won't happen now? What are you basing that on?

Last edited:

5 this year. 3 at home

11-5 as the refs finally don't screw the lions over in 4 games[/QUOTE]

You've complained about the refs costing the Lions games literally every single season. Why would any rational person who thinks this way make the prediction that it suddenly won't happen now? What are you basing that on?

Law of averages. Also lions more talented than before to overcome it. 10 wins is the floor. And as I said, more home games against playoff caliber teams

Last edited:
This shows it as 21st hardest:

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/234722/2017-nfl-strength-of-schedule

Not that I put much into strength of schedule. We have essentially the same schedule as everyone in our division. GB gets Seattle and Cowboys, we get Arizona and Giants, so thats good for the Lions.

We have no excuse not to win the division, it is a big failure if we can't do that.

You are right I think was looking at the first 8 weeks of the season or something don't know what i saw saw now lol that said I still don't like the schedule but am thankful we don't have to get whooped by Dallas again this year....

5 this year. 3 at home

11-5 as the refs finally don't screw the lions over in 4 games

Who had April 21 in the pool for LKP's first "refs" excuse-a-rama reference?

Lions are too improved and talented. Refs can't even stop them now

Ansah healthy. Huge upgrade to pass rush
Full year armonty Bryant
Hyder solid
Spence over Walker. Upgrade with low bar
Hill over Charles. Upgrade
Robinson year 2. Upgrade
Ngata good vet. Still has plenty left
Washington over Taylor. Upgrade with low bar
Worrilow over levy out or gimpy levy. Upgrade
Whitehead can get back to 2014 and 2015 form. Upgrade
Williams year 2. Upgrade
Bellore over armbrister. Upgrade
Slay,quin are good. Lawson and wilson solid
Killebrew year 2. Upgrade
Hayden and healthy Diggs. Upgrade. Diggs back to 2015 form

Makings of a top 10 defense. Plus the draft

Stafford finger healthy. MVP
Abdullah and Riddick healthy. Huge upgrade
Lang and Wagner. Huge upgrade
Decker year 2 upgrade.
Glasgow and Dahl year 2. Upgrade
Swanson healthy. Upgrade
Fells. Upgrade blocking te
Ebron good. Plays 16 with 1,000 yard possibility
Tate and jones good. Can be great

Only wr3 missing and boldin could come back in camp

Plus the draft

Packers, Vikings, and bears all got worse

Lions win the North

Last edited:
Was it the sun in Arizona, or was it the wind or something?

If I remember correctly the game against Philly when it was a total snow bowl, the snow only happened when the Lions were on offense.

Was it the sun in Arizona, or was it the wind or something?

If I remember correctly the game against Philly when it was a total snow bowl, the snow only happened when the Lions were on offense.

Sun in the face of the kicker i believe lol.

Sun in the face of the kicker i believe lol.

I have to admit though that LKP's "true wins" and "refs cost us the game" crap is still infinitely better than someone's girlfriend giving the GM blowies for info.

I never blamed the sun
The snow game was injuries to bush when they had mccoy run wild in the snow. Clearly it changed the game what teams could do

Refs, injuries and weather can hurt a team that was supposed to win the game

Lions too talented to fail this year. Playoffs last year.

11 wins, north title and deep playoff run is happening no matter what the refs do. Injuries can change things

I love how you give yourself a number that they should get to, and then always give yourself an out (Injuries can change things).

Take a stand once.

I love how you give yourself a number that they should get to, and then always give yourself an out (Injuries can change things).

Take a stand once.

Understand reality and how factors affect outcomes

Understand reality and how factors affect outcomes

The reality of how a little used, ineffective run game was going to make the difference for the lions in the snow. Riiiiiiighhhhhhhtttt.......

The reality of how a little used, ineffective run game was going to make the difference for the lions in the snow. Riiiiiiighhhhhhhtttt.......

Bush had a good 2013 season. 4.5 ypc. Bush 223 carries in 14 games, not underused. Hughes clueless once again. The snowy conditions made it easier for guys like bush to make defenders miss. It was huge. Foles negated didn't matter. Stafford and megatron negated by a blizzard is huge. Eagles got lucky, ravens got lucky with an insane field goal, Giants got lucky on a fluky tipped pick6 when they didn't even have good coverage, bucs got several fluky turnovers.

But in the end lions went from good in Schwartz to great in Caldwell because of that melt down. So long run it was better for Detroit.

2014 and 2016 lions were a playoff team. And those seasons prove me right that 2013 and 2015 were playoff Caliber. Fluke turnovers and injuries screwed 2013. Refs and injuries screwed 2015.

2017 north title and playoff run incoming. 2017 is already more talented than 2013-2016. And we still have the draft to add talent. 2017 is weakest Vikings and packers have looked in awhile. Bears still rebuilding

Last edited:
Bush had a good 2013 season. 4.5 ypc. Hughes clueless once again. The snowy conditions made it easier for guys like bush to make defenders miss. It was huge. Foles negated didn't matter. Stafford and megatron negated by a blizzard is huge. Eagles got lucky, ravens got lucky with an insane field goal, Giants got lucky on a fluky tipped pick6 when they didn't even have good coverage, bucs got several fluky turnovers.

But in the end lions went from good in Schwartz to great in Caldwell because of that melt down. So long run it was better for Detroit.

2014 and 2016 lions were a playoff team. And those seasons prove me right that 2013 and 2015 were playoff Caliber. Fluke turnovers and injuries screwed 2013. Refs and injuries screwed 2015.

2017 north title and playoff run incoming. 2017 is already more talented than 2013-2016. And we still have the draft to add talent. 2017 is weakest Vikings and packers have looked in awhile. Bears still rebuilding

I've never really decided if you're some kind of autistic football genius, or just batshit ratshit insane... but I know this much... one of these years, I hope you're right.

I've never really decided if you're some kind of autistic football genius, or just batshit ratshit insane... but I know this much... one of these years, I hope you're right.

Genius. My curse is I know too much and can see what causes lions losses.

They have the talent and a draft still to come. It's a good schedule. 21st ranked sos. They can win 10-12 games and make a run

Genius. My curse is I know too much and can see what causes lions losses.

They have the talent and a draft still to come. It's a good schedule. 21st ranked sos. They can win 10-12 games and make a run

They have no talent on the defense after slay, ansah and Robinson. None.

They have no talent on the defense after slay, ansah and Robinson. None.

quin and ngata.

Solid players in Lawson, wilson, whitehead and hyder

Williams, killebrew and Hayden ton of potential

Spence and Washington and hill are upgrades over what they had in 2016

Plenty of talent.

Upgrades all over the defense. Every spot is better than 2016. 13th in ppg allowed in 2016. You act like they were dead last. This is a top 10 defense before the draft. Heavy d draft coming too

Back