Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Schedule

Crazy, typically people like yourself who know too much and are football geniuses find themselves in scouting departments or in the front office. Thanks for spending time with us low-hanging fruit and keeping us in the know.

Well, that's just not true. Cmon man lol

Id replace every single one of the names not mentioned. Quin id be on the fence about just because his age....he still has some production.

We dont even have a starter opposite Ansah Right now.
Whos our other starting DT?
Lawson...yep need an upgrade
Whitehead, nobody #1, nobody #2.....and id replace whitehead if i could....he sucked ass last year. awful
Quin and Tavon Wilson...whatever.

Id replace every single one of the names not mentioned. Quin id be on the fence about just because his age....he still has some production.

Whitehead, nobody #1, nobody #2.....and id replace whitehead if i could....he sucked ass last year. awful

Ansah healthy. Huge upgrade to pass rush
Full year armonty Bryant
Hyder solid
Spence over Walker. Upgrade with low bar
Hill over Charles. Upgrade
Robinson year 2. Upgrade
Ngata good vet. Still has plenty left
Washington over Taylor. Upgrade with low bar
Worrilow over levy out or gimpy levy. Upgrade
Whitehead can get back to 2014 and 2015 form. Upgrade
Williams year 2. Upgrade
Bellore over armbrister. Upgrade
Slay,quin are good. Lawson and wilson solid
Killebrew year 2. Upgrade
Hayden and healthy Diggs. Upgrade. Diggs back to 2015 form

Makings of a top 10 defense. Plus the draft

Crazy, typically people like yourself who know too much and are football geniuses find themselves in scouting departments or in the front office. Thanks for spending time with us low-hanging fruit and keeping us in the know.

Did someone hear a toilet flush?

I agree that we need some fresh juice, but it's not all junk....

I think Bryant could be that opposite guy of Ansah and I still like Zettel to steal snaps somehow. Even though he plays on the same side of Ansah, I'm sure he can play the other DE spot.
Hayden could possibly be that upgrade over Lawson. We still need another corner there though. so agreed...
Whitehead isn't really an issue. He's a solid tackler. He won't wow you or anything but he's always around the football. I like the additions of Warrilow too and Williams is young who could produce.
Killebrew could steal that Safety spot from Wilson easy.

I feel your pain though lol. We need upgrades big time on D. I still want LB or DE on that first pick. Wouldn't even be mad at CB at 21. Lots of work to do!!!

Lions will add to the defense. They have a good defense as is. Ngata,rovinson,ansah,hyder,washington,spence,hill can be a good dline. I know we have a good secondary. They will add a young stud linebacker that can cover. Whitehead and worrilow can be solid and williams can grow in year2

13th in ppg allowed last year. And lions improved in every defensive spot

Lions will add to the defense. They have a good defense as is. Ngata,rovinson,ansah,hyder,washington,spence,hill can be a good dline. I know we have a good secondary. They will add a young stud linebacker that can cover. Whitehead and worrilow can be solid and williams can grow in year2

13th in ppg allowed last year. And lions improved in every defensive spot

LOL...they improved in every defensive spot?

LOL...they improved in every defensive spot?

Dt robinson year 2, spence and hill, ngata healthier
De ziggy healthier, full year bryant, washington over taylor, zettel year 2

Whitehead 2014 2015 form, worrilow over gimpy levy or levy on bench, bellore over armbrister, williams year 2

Slay and diggs healthy, hayden killevrew year 2. Every single spot

I agree that we need some fresh juice, but it's not all junk....

I think Bryant could be that opposite guy of Ansah and I still like Zettel to steal snaps somehow. Even though he plays on the same side of Ansah, I'm sure he can play the other DE spot.
Hayden could possibly be that upgrade over Lawson. We still need another corner there though. so agreed...
Whitehead isn't really an issue. He's a solid tackler. He won't wow you or anything but he's always around the football. I like the additions of Warrilow too and Williams is young who could produce.
Killebrew could steal that Safety spot from Wilson easy.

I feel your pain though lol. We need upgrades big time on D. I still want LB or DE on that first pick. Wouldn't even be mad at CB at 21. Lots of work to do!!!

Id be happy with DE, LB or CB in rd 1....but:

DE could provide the best value if Barnett drops to us

LB i think once Foster, Reddick or Davis are gone then you wait until a different round. Theres so many LBs rising late that a guy like Cunningham could potentially be there in rd 2.

CB. Id probably want after Reddick, or Barnett.....but there atleast 5 projected 1st round picks and theres certain things that can happen which means a top 3 cb may drop to us at 21 and we'd be getting a very good starter opposite Slay at that point.

Rd 2 - DT i think would be my focus in rd 2. Theres a group of pass rushing DTs like brantley, mcdowell and wormley that are all very similar and one of them could fall to us in rd 2. If they are gone im looking for any falling LBs in Rd 2 like a Jarrad Davis or Cunningham then look DT like Jaleel Johnson in Rd 3.

Theres alot of options to help our D out this draft....i hope we go D heavy. Get the pass rusher early if hes there....if not you hope Bryant/Hyder can produce opposite Ansah.

Id be happy with DE, LB or CB in rd 1....but:

DE could provide the best value if Barnett drops to us

LB i think once Foster, Reddick or Davis are gone then you wait until a different round. Theres so many LBs rising late that a guy like Cunningham could potentially be there in rd 2.

CB. Id probably want after Reddick, or Barnett.....but there atleast 5 projected 1st round picks and theres certain things that can happen which means a top 3 cb may drop to us at 21 and we'd be getting a very good starter opposite Slay at that point.

Rd 2 - DT i think would be my focus in rd 2. Theres a group of pass rushing DTs like brantley, mcdowell and wormley that are all very similar and one of them could fall to us in rd 2. If they are gone im looking for any falling LBs in Rd 2 like a Jarrad Davis or Cunningham then look DT like Jaleel Johnson in Rd 3.

Theres alot of options to help our D out this draft....i hope we go D heavy. Get the pass rusher early if hes there....if not you hope Bryant/Hyder can produce opposite Ansah.

I agree with most everything you said here. What I fear is an elite offensive prospect dropping to 21 and taking him. This may be my paranoia from years of Mayhew/Millen drafts.

Back