Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Have you ever been shot or stabbed?

Have you ever been shot or stabbed?

• Yes, shot

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Yes, stabbed

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Yes, both

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 15 83.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Michchamp

If you have been shot or stabbed, please tell everyone what it was like (unless doing so will result in you being shot and/or stabbed again, in which case keep it to yourself).

Does a broken hockey stick (wood) thrown as a javelin being impalled into the arm count as getting stabbed?

No? Yea I thought it was kind of a stretch.

30,000 people die from Gun shots each year and over 75,000 are hurt and yet our leaders still cower to the mighty NRA.

Maybe this should be in DJ page ? No for me thankfully .

Eh, it's the offseason, and other than the trip to italy, nothing is going on. thought i'd toss a pebble into the water and see if anyone who posts here was a badass in real life.

I've also never been shot or stabbed, or came close to either, as far as I know.

Does a broken hockey stick (wood) thrown as a javelin being impalled into the arm count as getting stabbed?

No? Yea I thought it was kind of a stretch.

if it was thrown, then no. Being stabbed isn't limited to being stabbed with a knife, but limited to someone using a jagged object to intentionally inflict a serious wound.

Eh, it's the offseason, and other than the trip to italy, nothing is going on. thought i'd toss a pebble into the water and see if anyone who posts here was a badass in real life.

I've also never been shot or stabbed, or came close to either, as far as I know.

Someone could start a thread about how if Michigan doesn't go 11-1 in the regular season and/or beat OSU and/or win the big ten title, then the shine will come off of Harbaugh...

No, for me...

Last edited:
In the fall of 1984, I had just graduated from Michigan and was playing the bad guy lead character Harry Roat in Wait Until Dark out in Manchester at the Black Sheep Repertory Theater; Alan Arkin played the character in the 1967 spine chilling thriller film production across from the Oscar nominated Audrey Hepburn, who was playing a woman who had recent become blind; and three bad guys suspected that she had unknowingly come into possession of heroin they had been trying to smuggle into the country. Katherine Hepburn ended up winning that year for Guess Who's Coming to Dinner.

Now, the woman who was playing the Audrey Hepburn role was probably in the top five of See You Next Tuesdays a person would ever hope not to meet; we had a pretty strained relationship and interacted very little off the stage.

Spoiler Alert, but this is a pretty old movie and script and anyone who doesn't know the story probably isn't going to rent the movie.

Basically, the blind woman snookers the bad to guy to try to apprehend her and regain the heroin after nightfall, while she had, unknown to him, caused all the lights in the apartment to be non-functioning, rendering him just as blind as she is, giving her the upper hand in a space she is about as familiar with by now blind as she was when she could see.

In a twist, the bad guy finds the one source of light she had forgotten about, and is about to kill her and grab the heroin, which by now she has found, but she whirls and stabs him.

In the stage combat blocking, the actress would hold the knife in her fist and punch me in the chest.

Anyway, the production got great reviews and attracted a big audience, so the run was extended for one week.

We had a walk through before the first night of the extended week, which is a non-dress rehearsal where you don't really act but just review lines and the blocking and stage movements and so forth.

So in the actual play after the bad guy gets stabbed, he uses his own knife to dig it into the floor and drag himself across the floor in one final dying attempt to kill her and get the heroin, but he dies just before.

So in the walk through, I'm obviously not gonna bother getting the floor and drag myself across the floor in that scene, so as I'm just walking it - the bitch, for whatever reason, wasn't even on the stage, I can't remember why - screams at me "get down on the floor!"

What the fuck?

So I say to her, "fuck you!"

Anyway the next night, during that scene, instead of punching me in the chest with her fist with knife in her hand, the bitched stabbed me in the arm, right in the shoulder.

I finished the show bleeding all over the place.

Last edited:
30,000 people die from Gun shots each year and over 75,000 are hurt and yet our leaders still cower to the mighty NRA.

Take politics out of it Bob. If drugs werent on our streets, that number would be cut by at least 75%. In most cases, if we took the gun out of the equation, the person would likely still be killed or maimed by another form of weapon. In Russia, they like to use hatchets, knives, and machetes. Their murder rate is almost double ours every year(they have 150 million less people) with 292 million less guns in circulation. Yes, we have over 300 million guns in circulation in this country.

I've been shot.

By my asshat older step brother with his BB gun. He said it wasn't loaded (but knew it was) and shot me in the leg

I've been shot.

By my asshat older step brother with his BB gun. He said it wasn't loaded (but knew it was) and shot me in the leg

hmmmm... that... counts, I guess.

I should've been more specific in the poll instructions.

Oh great! I guess I have to change my answer now. I've been shot by bb guns, paintball guns, laser guns, and water guns...

hmmmm... that... counts, I guess.

I should've been more specific in the poll instructions.

Well it fucking hurt, as a 10yr old.

He'd been dropping wood stick matches in the barrel and shooting them on a wall, which made sparks.

BB "snuck" into the chamber

Oh great! I guess I have to change my answer now. I've been shot by bb guns, paintball guns, laser guns, and water guns...

I've been shot by a bb gun and I shot my young buddies with a BB gun too...I didn't think that counted.

When that bitch stabbed me on stage the police got wind of it and did an investigation and were probably going to charge her with some charge of assault...but I wasn't really hurt badly and I was getting ready to head to LA and I just didn't wanna fuck with it...so I didn't press a complaint.

I'm just kidding but was shot. I don't carry a firearm myself and (luckily!) don't often find myself in situations where I need one.

Maybe MC should have included or could follow up with ...How many of you have shot/stabbed someone? Because I shot a kid in his thigh with my BB gun about 7yrs later but we were all wearing snowmobile suits and goggles and in a cherry orchard.

Stabbed in the hip area with a pocket knife at a concert when I was 17. Still have a decent scar.

Last edited:
Back