Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Matt Jones being shopped?

Tonyballs2

Any interest? I don't trust our RB corp at all. Jones could be interesting if healthy...
Kinda puts us in the same boat tho lol

Didn't realize he fumbled so much. What was his injury? He's the type of back we could use, he has size.

There's a lot worse out there than Mixon. Violence is bad, and the old saying "Never hit a women." But she came up to him shoved and slapped him. Punching her in the head, maybe a reaction many would use.. 3 years ago. Has he done anything since, has he apologized?

Another story on Mixon from high school allegedly. Not just a one time thing.

He reacts poorly. I would be more worried about him reacting poorly again while is on our team and then getting suspended.

The Titus Youngs of the world and the Stanley wilsons show that people don't change.

Last edited:
Another story on Mixon from high school allegedly. Not just a one time thing.

He reacts poorly. I would be more worried about him reacting poorly again while is on our team and then getting suspended.

The Titus Youngs of the world and the Stanley wilsons show that people don't change.

Been nothing found yet to substantiate the high school story. It was floated and the NFL Security Team came up blank on it. Looks like it never happened. It is a one time thing as far as anyone can show.

sorry i'm living under a rock when it comes to college sports, I didn't realize this mixon past. I change my mind. lol carry on..

Why didn't he get arrested for punching the lady?

Legally, there's not much to charge him with. He didn't rob her nor try to kill her. Legal assault requires intentionality, which might be inferred, but given the girl slapped first wouldn't hold up in court.

He DID settle a civil suit with the girl for an undisclosed amount. Given how quickly she changed tune after the settlement, my guess is she had all medical bills paid for plus a sizable bonus for pain and suffering.

Back