Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Midsommar 2021 - The Seasons Thread (Formerly the Pagan Ritual Thread)

my morning commute was treacherous. lot of idiots crashing into eachother or spinning off into ditches.

my morning commute was treacherous. lot of idiots crashing into eachother or spinning off into ditches.

Did it snow like hell in Chicago overnight? Ann Arbor looked cool, but sunny yesterday when I watched the women's lacrosse match on the BTN...

Did it snow like hell in Chicago overnight? Ann Arbor looked cool, but sunny yesterday when I watched the women's lacrosse match on the BTN...
I was in Ann Arbor yesterday! Yeah, it was sunny but cold.

It started snowing here around midnight and was only supposed to be a couple inches, over well before morning rush hour. looking out the window of my office now, and it's still snowing heavily. OOPS.

I was in Ann Arbor yesterday! Yeah, it was sunny but cold.

It started snowing here around midnight and was only supposed to be a couple inches, over well before morning rush hour. looking out the window of my office now, and it's still snowing heavily. OOPS.

I actually wish I was back there, to catch the very end of winter and the beginning.

Now, I mean, for the end - I wouldn't have wanted to catch the whole thing.

we'll take that snow in the mountains where it's needed and melting very rapidly

fuck_off_jack_nicholson.gif

It's 28 degrees here.

So...you don't want to hear about how I'm grilling brats right now...

So...you don't want to hear about how I'm grilling brats right now...

Look, none of like to have to deal with snotty kids, but your way of dealing with them seems a little over the top.

Unless you're using the word in the figurative meaning as in questioning in an interrogative manner.

If that's the case by all means carry on; nothing teaches a brat to not try and put something over on someone like a good grilling.

Look, none of like to have to deal with snotty kids, but your way of dealing with them seems a little over the top.

Unless you're using the word in the figurative meaning as in questioning in an interrogative manner.

If that's the case by all means carry on; nothing teaches a brat to not try and put something over on someone like a good grilling.

tumblr_lznfj0uARa1qenpz7o1_500.gif

This summer, the thread will celebrate the Rio Olympics.

RIO_CRIME_2.jpg
brazil-crime-.jpg
Zika-Rio-Carnival-e1462976141334.jpg
rio-zika.jpg
f64de12f-68d7-4d54-8f8f-ef1df56296e7_650x366.jpg
guanabara-bay-pollution-rio_3296628.jpg

USA! USA!

Last edited:
yeah, what a disaster.

i remember when chicago was in the running for these... was happy they dropped us, even though it obviously would be a moot point for me now.

it was a lesson in how susceptible people are to bullshit PR lines. One of the themes that the Chicago '16 committee was floating was this nonsense about how good it will be for people, because they will be able to make soooooo much money renting their apartment out to visitors for those 2 weeks. I had lots of people repeat that same line to me whenever I expressed doubt the Olympics would be a good thing for the city.

it was so ridiculous... like I want a bunch of yahoo from Russia, the UK, Australia staying in my apartment for 2 weeks? I'm not in the rental business. how do i collect? how do i advertise? where do I stay for the 2 weeks? I still have to go to work everyday. I'm sure hotels won't be cheap with the fucking olympics in town. what if they trash my apartment knowing I can't do shit to them once they leave the country? It's amazing the shit some people will swallow.

yes, this rant is over.

*steps off soapbox*

Chicago would be an awesome town to host the Olympics.

I love Chicago.

Were I to be living in Chicago during a hosting of the Olympics, I wouldn't consider leaving at all.

I would stay and celebrate the hosting of the Olympics.

Back