Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Red Wings 4 Islanders 1 Final

I just watched the MSG+ pregame. I didn't know Shannon Hogan was now their studio host. Goes to show how often I watch the Islanders on MSG.

Yeah I think she left after last season but I am not sure the exact date she left FSD..

Detroit and Nashville this season have not lost back to back games...

Detroit and Nashville this season have not lost back to back games...

I remember seeing this in the post-game. You forgot an important caveat there. Detroit and Nashville are the only teams this season not to have lost back to back game IN REGULATION. No team in the league has managed to avoid losing back to back games in general.

And honestly, I think even that statement paints an awkwardly flattering picture since the Wings have a 6-game losing streak on their record. The fact that 4 of those games went to overtime doesn't somehow not make them losses. Further, the fact that two regulation losses were separated by an OT loss doesn't somehow make them better.

I remember seeing this in the post-game. You forgot an important caveat there. Detroit and Nashville are the only teams this season not to have lost back to back game IN REGULATION. No team in the league has managed to avoid losing back to back games in general.

And honestly, I think even that statement paints an awkwardly flattering picture since the Wings have a 6-game losing streak on their record. The fact that 4 of those games went to overtime doesn't somehow not make them losses. Further, the fact that two regulation losses were separated by an OT loss doesn't somehow make them better.

Yes...Thanks I forgot that point....Plus its weird like you said about our 6 game losing streak.

Last edited:
Yes...Thanks I forgot that point....Plus its weird like you said about our 6 game losing streak.

I was actually watching the game with my father and we both were startled when that stat popped up. We both just stared at each other for a second before my dad asked, "Is that true?" I had to read the little blurb half a dozen times before it clicked. We just laughed after. I know that home broadcasts are a little biased, but what a weird stat to find.

Side note while I think the compressed NBA schedule this year is a little bit crazy (and unsafe to players), I will admit I like that fact that there are almost never big gaps between games. Saturday to Thursday is a long time to go without the Wings.

I agree... I expect the wings will start sluggish... I hope not...Hope i am wrong and they are fresh....LOL

Last edited:
When will Howard come back? Does anybody know?

Atlantic Division top 3 looking very strong right now. That's the strongest top 3 teams of any division, approximately tied with the Central Division top 3.

Back