Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Resident Evil 5

redandguilty

Christmas 2010 I got a set of the PS3 move controllers. I waited to play RE5 until they came out, since it was already known that there was going to be a compatible version. Since then, I have put 2.5 hours into the game. I picked up the game 2 nights ago and restarted from the beginning. This game looks great to me. I really want to beat this before I go get Arkham Asylum or the new Zelda.

How do you like the move controllers? I have a couple and used them briefly, used them on Tiger Wood - what better than a golf game but had terrible results.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]How do you like the move controllers? I have a couple and used them briefly, used them on Tiger Wood - what better than a golf game but had terrible results.

They're pretty much equivalent to the Wii controllers with the little Wii motion+ dongle. They track motion a little better, but track pointing worse. When you hit the button to pull out your gun, it assumes you're pointing at the center of the screen and then the target moves as you move the controller. If you are pointing elsewhere when you hit the button, then it doesn't line up where you're pointing to where the target is. (Like if the controller is pointing down when you hit the button, by the time you raise it up to point at the screen, your character is pointing his gun at the sky.)

The systems should trade controllers. Wii is better for pointing and hitting things on the screen. PS3 is better for stuff where you go off screen (like holding a shield or swinging a sword.) There's no transition between pointing on screen or anywhere else in the room.

Back