Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

the show or 2k12?

Maize&Cheese304 said:
Just seemed impossible to make my player any better.

Honestly think if a kid took the time he used for making his player good on that game, and instead actually went out and practice baseball. He probably would end up being a pro baseball player lol

I might be something to do with you, eh? I mean you don't just expect to get automatically better, do you? I'm not great as a hitter, I go about .275 as a pro, with few walks and little power. Oh and K a ton (I swing at almost anything). I don't have the eye coordination. Even on a lower level but still fun as hell. And fielding is a blast.

I'm just saying, if I'm going to put in that kind of time. I would rather just go out and play.

The pitching was also frustrating. No matter what, I didn't have very good control of the ball.

So you want an easy game? That each week you get better until you're Ty Cobb? BTW, I always did well with pitching but it takes patience and practice and one-two bad pitches could mess everything up. I like it that way. I'm not sure what level you play on, but as I mentioned above I use a lower level because I can't be competitive at all-star or higher. Too hard for me. Might want to try that. You won't be less of a man :)

For both games pitching was never a problem. Even slapping singles with my "My Player". I remember getting drafted to the A's as a shortstop and got called up halfway through the season and stuck because for that season I batted .350 (cant remember exactly) 2 HRs (inside the park), and like 37 RBIs.

I really wish that after having a season like that you would be compensated for it. I should of gotten more points to put into my player after doing that. I played one more season, did even better but got tired because I wasn't improving fast enough. Felt like even if I broke a dozen records each year I would go from being a rookie to Deivi Cruz to Craig Counsell and finally after 4 MVP years I could become Christian Guzman.

You wanted to improve past .350? Damn man, now I think your starting to make shit up :) Who cares what your ratings are if your hitting .350, that makes no sense.

its easy just wait for a low and outside pitch and all you do is slap it the other way.

I don't want it to be easy. But I'm not going to spend all day playing a game just to move up into the majors, hours later.

Hours later? It takes me 2 seasons of minors to get to the Show, if I'm lucky.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Hours later? It takes me 2 seasons of minors to get to the Show, if I'm lucky.

Ya usually on rtts i get called up to the majors sometime in my second season in the minors. Unless theres an injury which brings me up beforehand.

I think one of the first times playing as a starting pitcher I was called up in june the first year, and was getting hammered all the time.

I like being a position player but I like being a RP over a SP. As an American league team I don't bat so its constant pitching with no breaks. And as a starter its a bit too much for me so I go RP.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
I don't want it to be easy. But I'm not going to spend all day playing a game just to move up into the majors, hours later.

You have to put the time in and play at least a season to get called up, usually. Even if I hit .450 in spring training and led the team in every category, I still start in the minors as a rookie. That's just how it is.

2K hasn't been updated or fixed in years. Every new one (and this is supposed to be their last) has been a roster update of the previous with all the same glitches and problems. That said, it's not a terrible game if, like me, you are more about managing and simulating.

The Show is easily the better game from a gameplay perspective. They've actually put work into making the game run better and remove problems (though there are always a few). Managing and simulating is about the same IMO.

Personally I can only play the My Player or Road to the Show modes as a Pitcher. Fielding never feels right to me and I just begin to loathe it after a few games. I prefer SP over RP if only because you can get more points and really dictate the outcome of the game.

I actually like the fielding aspect. Looks authentic IMO. I finally made a 1B, k a little too much average isn't as high but I can mash.

:)

i think i've pretty much played RTTS since I've bought it. I've noticed a ton of glitches, but they aren't bad enough to outweigh the good parts.

Created a RF, played through 1 full season and a half of a second so far. 1st season i was in AA the whole time, hit .325 ish with 20HR and 97RBI. Played for the Tigers in AA before DD traded me to the FUCKING ORIOLES! Next year i was promoted to AAA for Baltimore, made the show after about a month. 4th in the AL with 32 HR, hitting .350ish, and have around 75RBI....only 3 walks though lol.

i'm on a one year contract for the orioles, so they're fucked when the season's over. i want to play for a winner!

only real weakness i have is fielding and speed.

contact and power are both B, speed is C, fielding is D

"Orioles are fk'd" - lol. Not sure what level you play on but I can never get those kind of numbers. I play on rookie because the others are too hard for me.

The one glitch that bothers me, they had it last year to, GB to short, I beat it out but the 1B drops it, even know it was dropped after I crossed 1st base it register a error not a hit.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]"Orioles are fk'd" - lol. Not sure what level you play on but I can never get those kind of numbers. I play on rookie because the others are too hard for me.

The one glitch that bothers me, they had it last year to, GB to short, I beat it out but the 1B drops it, even know it was dropped after I crossed 1st base it register a error not a hit.

i play on whatever the default level is.

There's been a few times when i've come to bat and the guy on deck is standing in the middle of the plate taking practice swings. Other times where during the pitch, the feed seems to "skip" and usually results in a really bad swing.

I've also had the game freeze on me twice now, but honestly just about every game i've ever owned has had that occasional problem.

Back