Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Good riddance, MetroDome

The twinks have become bottom-feeders since their inaugural season @ Target Field, and ever since the franchise still occupied the baggiedome post turn of the century, their teams have failed miserably in the postseason.

Looks like this spring might very well begin unseasonably colder, if not wetter than normal in the Midwest, since the NWS is already predicting that next month will feature 8 degrees colder than normal temps to start. This Winter has been brutal here in SE MI, with no real thaw since mid-December...brrrr!!

It wouldn't surprise me if there will be more weather postponements to begin the regular season for MLB teams playing games in the Midwest, if not the Northeast as well. Target Field likely being the frostiest.

new Stadiums without retractable roofs in the midwest are idiotic, including comerica. i hate seeing games there. most of the seats are far too exposed to the elements and a lot of the ones that arent are way too far back from the field. IMO, its just not a fun place to watch a game.

new Stadiums without retractable roofs in the midwest are idiotic, including comerica. i hate seeing games there. most of the seats are far too exposed to the elements and a lot of the ones that arent are way too far back from the field. IMO, its just not a fun place to watch a game.

I gotta disagree. Sure it sucks in early April and October, but the feel of an open air stadium, built like a real ballpark is the way I enjoy it best. I remember years ago when Jacobs opened in Cleveland, me and some friends got tickets to see the Tigers vs. Tribe, and I remember thinking: "If they ever tear down Tigers Stadium, I hope they build us a park like this one". I love Comerica, the drawback is the outfield is so deep in left and left center that fans don't get many HR balls because they all end up in the bullpen.

I have been to a Jays game in Toronto while the roof was open, but it had this funny sound quality, I guess the echos off the roof and walls, I didn't care for it.

But to each his own I guess.

I've never been to a game in a dome or a retractable roof stadium. I doubt I would like it. I don't even like going to football games in domes. Something about being outside even if it is cold.

Can't stand sitting in direct sunlight during the dog days of summer with high heat & humidity. So I really miss the late Tiger Stadium where there was shaded seating, A closer view, and some protection from the elements in certain areas, like the lower level grandstands and bleachers.

I gotta disagree. Sure it sucks in early April and October, but the feel of an open air stadium, built like a real ballpark is the way I enjoy it best. I remember years ago when Jacobs opened in Cleveland, me and some friends got tickets to see the Tigers vs. Tribe, and I remember thinking: "If they ever tear down Tigers Stadium, I hope they build us a park like this one". I love Comerica, the drawback is the outfield is so deep in left and left center that fans don't get many HR balls because they all end up in the bullpen.

I have been to a Jays game in Toronto while the roof was open, but it had this funny sound quality, I guess the echos off the roof and walls, I didn't care for it.

But to each his own I guess.

I might just be doomed to bad luck on days I go, because even in mid-summer its either raining or way too hot with nowhere to escape the sun.

My favorite park ive been to is Miller Park.

I might just be doomed to bad luck on days I go, because even in mid-summer its either raining or way too hot with nowhere to escape the sun.

I was actually a big fan of their previous, Milwaukee County Stadium. That was one of my favorites.

I like that one too, but I dont have a ton of memories of it, I only went a few times when I was younger.

I am currently working in Orlando. I could play "hooky" and go watch the game today in Orlando or tomorrow in Lakeland. But, sunny and 80 degrees and NO SHADE to be found!

Seriously. I have been to all kinds of ball parks. From Tiger Stadium to Tucson Electric Park. Some of the worst seats were in Tiger Stadium (obstructed view). Some of the best were in Comerica.

Bank One Ball Park (currently Chase Field) is nice air conditioned, but has a different "feel" inside.

All in all, they all are playing BASEBALL and I get to watch in person. If I did play hooky, it wouldn't be about complaining about being in the sun, it would be about being grateful to see a game in person during Spring Training.

Last edited:
I am currently working in Orlando. I could play "hooky" and go watch the game today in Orlando or tomorrow in Lakeland. But, sunny and 80 degrees and NO SHADE to be found!
Seriously. I have been to all kinds of ball parks. From Tiger Stadium to Tucson Electric Park. Some of the worst seats were in Tiger Stadium (obstructed view). Some of the best were in Comerica.

Bank One Ball Park (currently Chase Field) is nice air conditioned, but has a different "feel" inside.

All in all, they all are playing BASEBALL and I get to watch in person. If I did play hooky, it wouldn't be about complaining about being in the sun, it would be about being grateful to see a game in person during Spring Training.

Now you are just braging! It is supposed to be -7 on Friday and a chance of 5"-10" of snow Sunday - Tuesday. I would love to sit in 80 degree sun right now!

That's the point Tom. Some people complain about sunny and hot, while others wish they were here!

I probably just have really bad luck with weather on days i go (which was not very often, maybe once a year cuz i lived in kzoo and i now live in RI), because usually for me its not 70 or 80 and sunny, its mid 90s, super humid, and cloudless with no breeze. Either that or its 50s, raining, and windy.

Ive definitely had a few wonderful, wonderful days at Comerica when the weather was good, but in my experience, if the weather is NOT good, its a miserable place to be.

Hence, why I prefer Miller Park. Ive been there on days when its miserable out and the roof is closed and days when its beautiful out and its open (i used to live in Racine, so I went a good amt of times) and loved it every time.

Last edited:

My favorite too. Brewers became my 2nd favorite team because of going there, best atmosphere I have ever seen for a regular season baseball game. PNC Park is a damn close 2nd in terms of best stadium.

I hope they sell dirt from the mound so I can scatter in the back yard and piss on it. Asparagus piss too. *plays taps for the MetroDUMB*

Back