Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Deal and Free Agent Tracker

10 year deals are usually bad, but what does Seattle have to lose? It back fire and they suck and finish in last? lol

itll be nice to just see a good hitter there. its been years. and if they can get Price, and another FA like Beltran or Napoli, they could have a few good years.

I think he is just a more expensive version of Andy Dirks. The Tigers either need an impact bat in the OF or a cheap RH platoon that rakes vs. LH pitching.

We need a power producer period, no matter what position it's at aside from 1B.

Yankees basically give up Ganderson (33 in Mar)) for 4 yr, $60 Mil, to get Beltran (37 in Apr) for 3 yr, $45 Mil. $15 Mil a year for both players, yet one is older by almost 4 years.

Last 3 years Away

Beltran .277 BAVG .347 OBP .458 SLG .805 OPS

Granderson .237 BAVG .333 OBP .482 SLG .815 OPS

Mujica signs with the red sox, and middle relievers continue to sign elsewhere while we get none.

Mujica signs with the red sox, and middle relievers continue to sign elsewhere while we get none.

Unless the Tigers FO plans on making a couple multi-player trades, perhaps involving a couple of last seasons' starters, then I don't see how they can fill their remaining holes in the BP. Sure looks like they are no longer active in the FA market for their open 3B and LF spots, much less their BP/bench.

The BP as of now blows..We need 2 solid RP to add. Not sure they're out there though.

Maybe the Tigers should join in the bidding for Infante, since the Royals might sense the Tigers became weaker b/c they thought that a bird in their hand wasn't worth 3 in the bush...so they multiplied by believing that they did addition by subtraction. Perhaps the Tigers could sign Omar, then trade Kinsler + $$ to KC for 1B Butler...Miggy then could remain @ his preferred position @ 3B. Castellanos could play in LF

Maybe the Tigers should join in the bidding for Infante, since the Royals might sense the Tigers became weaker b/c they thought that a bird in their hand wasn't worth 3 in the bush...so they multiplied by believing that they did addition by subtraction. Perhaps the Tigers could sign Omar, then trade Kinsler + $$ to KC for 1B Butler...Miggy then could remain @ his preferred position @ 3B. Castellanos could play in LF

and give us one of the worst defenses in baseball again. you wouldnt be suggesting that if you'd looked up butler's defense @1st. anyways, why would the royals trade one of their best hitters to a division rival?

Personally, I would want a left hand power hitter from KC in return (Gordon ?).

Current "true" left handed hitters:

Avila
Dirks
Kelly

Switch hitters:

Martinez
Lombardozzi

Which one is the HR threat?

Personally, I would want a left hand power hitter from KC in return (Gordon ?).

Current "true" left handed hitters:

Avila
Dirks
Kelly

Switch hitters:

Martinez
Lombardozzi

Which one is the HR threat?

Avila has the most raw power, when that guy hits home runs it looks like he's just swatting a fly, nearly as effortless looking as Cabrera. Problem is he misses too often, if he could ever make more consistent contact he'd be a dangerous hitter.

But out of those guys, none are going to supply the power we need on a regular basis.

BTW I mentioned several times I'd like to have Gordon, who can also play 3B, but we have nothing of value left to offer for him.

Back