Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Jeter retiring

Okay. Going to have a lot of hits when he's done. One heck of a player.

Thank fucking christ, soon we can stop hearing about His Majesty Lord Fucking Jeter all the fucking time. He's a great player, but hes one of the most overrated players of all-time IMO. Im sick of everyone in the media constantly hanging off his nutsack.

Brian Kenny is full of shit, he's at BEST top 5 (and I agree with JAWS and dont even put him top 10 right now). Best SS of the live ball era? Fuck off, Kenny. Without a doubt AT LEAST Ripken is above him. Im surprised he was able to get that sentence out with Jeter's dick so far down his throat.

Oh also, this even more demonstrates how much fucking horseshit it is that Tram has been getting the HoF shaft, given that JAWS ranks him above Jeter (probably because Jeter sucks on defense).

Last edited:
Thank fucking christ, soon we can stop hearing about His Majesty Lord Fucking Jeter all the fucking time. He's a great player, but hes one of the most overrated players of all-time IMO. Im sick of everyone in the media constantly hanging off his nutsack.

Brian Kenny is full of shit, he's at BEST top 5 (and I agree with JAWS and dont even put him top 10 right now). Best SS of the live ball era? Fuck off, Kenny. Without a doubt AT LEAST Ripken is above him. Im surprised he was able to get that sentence out with Jeter's dick so far down his throat.

Oh also, this even more demonstrates how much fucking horseshit it is that Tram has been getting the HoF shaft, given that JAWS ranks him above Jeter (probably because Jeter sucks on defense).

But seriously, tell us what you really think...

lol

lol

heh. seriously, i hate jeter. not really the man himself (unlike, say arod, who i despise every thing about), but i hate the player, and i hate the huge circus of ball-huggers and bullshit that has surrounded him for like 20 years. im so glad for an end of it to be in sight.

heh. seriously, i hate jeter. not really the man himself (unlike, say arod, who i despise every thing about), but i hate the player, and i hate the huge circus of ball-huggers and bullshit that has surrounded him for like 20 years. im so glad for an end of it to be in sight.

You remember the play at home plate all those years ago, playoffs, where Jeter backhanded it to the catcher. That's where it started. Not like he wasn't good before then but they so overblew that play. The media saw him as a God after that.

lol

lol, F4TM beat me to it asking Spockmaster the same question,

cigar night and the redsox guys were saying the same thing.
I would say he is a top 5 shortstop ever, more hits than any other except for Wagner and he has a chance to pass him if he stays healthy. One of my favorite yankee players after Mick, Yogi, Whitey.

Jeter: overrated and especially EC over-hyped. There is no denying his elite offense, but as a SS he was mediocre at best defensively.

He will likely be a shoo-in 1st ballot HoFer, but I would think that Alan Trammell would already be in the HoF, if he played most or all of his career for the NYY.

Jeter: overrated and especially EC over-hyped. There is no denying his elite offense, but as a SS he was mediocre at best defensively.

He will likely be a shoo-in 1st ballot HoFer, but I would think that Alan Trammell would already be in the HoF, if he played most or all of his career for the NYY.

Without question, Trammell would be in by now, along with Lou, if they had played their careers in new york, boston or LA.

Back