Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Advanced fielding metrics

tycobb420

I heard an interesting discussion on whether or not advanced metrics can be applied to fielding. There seem to be three opinions. 1. They can and do. 2. They can and will. 3. Hahahahaahahaha.

Just wondering what everyone here thought.

they can, but theyre not very trustworthy yet. too imprecise. still better than trusting fielding % though.

they can, but theyre not very trustworthy yet. too imprecise. still better than trusting fielding % though.

Yeah, I don't like fielding % all that much. I am leery of the fielding metrics right now. I am not sure if they will ever truly be able to measure it.

As with everything else it's an added option. It's better than fielding % but it has flaws. Like dWAR.

Advanced fielding metrics aren't even in the same ballpark with offense/pitching advanced metrics. They are guide, and a guide only.

Advanced fielding metrics aren't even in the same ballpark with offense/pitching advanced metrics. They are guide, and a guide only.

That is kinda how I look at it.

Back