Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Madden 12 names complain

Monster

Forum Manager
Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Sacramento Kings
Michigan Wolverines
Detroit Pistons
anyone else sick of "Two-lick"? I mean, it's not like he was a backup player in tennessee or something, it should have been a fairly easy name to pronounce. Then, when I played tampa bay, I noticed that they pronounce Talib "Tah-lib".....wtf? I hope those idiots don't get paid too much for the voice over.

anyone else found any badly pronounced names?

oh yeah and why is calvin johnson have a jr on the end of it. I don't think i've ever heard him called that or seen it written out like that.

Dude, the game play in this one is pretty frickin good but the commentary is the worst of any football game I've ever played.
Just some examples:

(After my offense has a false start,)

Collinsworthless: Penalties like that can really deflate a defense. Sometimes a defender gets caught trying to do to much and costs his team.

(An int that goes to the house)
Collinsworthless: The attempted int backfires and goes for a score.

(After a wide open 7 yard td pass)
Gus Johnson: The attempted pick comes up empty, and it goes for a huge gaaaaain.

(After getting sacked)
Gus Johnson: (something something) and the qb finds his man through the air....Chris, how did he get so open?

Gus Johnson: DALLAS!........takes over with the ball on their own 12, and on their own 12.

(RB draw play)

Both guys say something about my qb getting a little anxious feeling the d's pressure and tucking n running to quickly n often.

Shit is terrible.

I wish they'd add in pronouncing created player names. Either some cool voice software or what MLB the Show does, pick a listed name that they can pronounce. Or add a created face feature in my avatar face so it's not just black.

I'm telling you guys, why have the announcers on. Not having to listen to Collingsworth is a big wonderful bonus.

I listen to music instead. Madden needs to get rid of some of the parts of the game that aren't needed. That way they have more room to fix things.

Back