Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2016 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker

Rangers get Lucroy and Jeremy Jeffress for Luiz Ortiz and Lewis Brinson

Rangers get Lucroy and Jeremy Jeffress for Luiz Ortiz and Lewis Brinson

Fuck the rump-rangers and the secessionist hate of texass. Lucroy didn't nix a trade there in part b/c no state taxes.

Fuck the rump-rangers and the secessionist hate of texass. Lucroy didn't nix a trade there in part b/c no state taxes.

I don't recall Texas being on his no trade list. I have a serious disdain for Texas after the 2011 season ALCS. To this day I still hate Cruz, Ogando and Feliz. LOL

New York Yankees traded RHP Ivan Nova to Pittsburgh Pirates for Player To Be Named Later and Player To Be Named Later.

Had to chuckle at this trade.

TEX was not one of the 8 teams that was on his no trade list.

TEX was not one of the 8 teams that was on his no trade list.

Yeah, I knew that, my bad choice to word it as I had, but why he was okay with baking behind the plate during home games, esp from mid-July to mid-Sept, and not cooler climes of DET or CLE is kinda strange.

Yeah, I knew that, my bad choice to word it as I had, but why he was okay with baking behind the plate during home games, esp from mid-July to mid-Sept, and not cooler climes of DET or CLE is kinda strange.

It was just a pointless ploy to get that option year removed. In the end, he really didn't have much control.

I think you are overstating the climate effect. If he went to Hotlanta (90 degrees with 90% humidity) or a Florida team would you be making the same assertion? I lived 15 years in southern Arizona and 4 deployments to Iraq. I know what hot is all about. But humidity is just as important, if not mores so. When the sun goes down (night games), it is going to be the humidity that zaps your energy. Dry climates don't generally do that.

Secondly, TEX had only 11 home games in July this year. Only 2 of the games were in the day and they were both your typical Sunday games. There will be 15 home games in August and 5 will be day games, with 3 on Sundays.

And finally, next to Coors, Arlington is arguably the 2nd best hitters park. If I was a hitter and wanted to improve my value, I get traded to TEX or COL, not CLE or DET. His list included MIN, LAA, OAK, SDP, SEA, WSN, DET and CLE. What this list shows are locations thought of as pitcher's parks. Not all, but a fair majority. He also wanted to remain a starting catcher.

Finally, one of the best catchers in recent memory played in TEX. Pudge Rodriguez. I doubt his stay in TEX effected his career in a negative manner. If anything, the offense helped his career.

Last edited:
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/08/jonathan-lucroy-trade-milwaukee-brewers-cleveland-indians-veto-mlb

One of the better articles concerning Lucroy and why he nixed the trade to CLE.

The Brewers gave Lucroy the right to identify some teams for which he would not play. He said he didn?t want to go to Cleveland. The Brewers tried to trade him there anyway. It?s silly to blame the guy for doing exactly what he said he?d do, no matter the reason.

I agree that he was 100% within his right to veto that trade. I would have done the exact same thing to get some leverage. I just wonder if they really tried to negotiate with him after he said he wanted them to waive the club option for 2017. Did the Indians offer a bonus of some sort? I mean...if the Indians would have offered him an extra $2M bonus for 2017 would he have accepted? Seems to me the Indians and Brewers screwed up this deal...not Lucroy.

I think you are overstating the climate effect. If he went to Hotlanta (90 degrees with 90% humidity) or a Florida team would you be making the same assertion? I lived 15 years in southern Arizona and 4 deployments to Iraq. I know what hot is all about. But humidity is just as important, if not mores so. When the sun goes down (night games), it is going to be the humidity that zaps your energy. Dry climates don't generally do that.

Secondly, TEX had only 11 home games in July this year. Only 2 of the games were in the day and they were both your typical Sunday games. There will be 15 home games in August and 5 will be day games, with 3 on Sundays.

And finally, next to Coors, Arlington is arguably the 2nd best hitters park. If I was a hitter and wanted to improve my value, I get traded to TEX or COL, not CLE or DET. His list included MIN, LAA, OAK, SDP, SEA, WSN, DET and CLE. What this list shows are locations thought of as pitcher's parks. Not all, but a fair majority. He also wanted to remain a starting catcher.

Finally, one of the best catchers in recent memory played in TEX. Pudge Rodriguez. I doubt his stay in TEX effected his career in a negative manner. If anything, the offense helped his career.

Good point about humidity. Now that I live in SW Arizona I understand that.

Good point about humidity. Now that I live in SW Arizona I understand that.

I spent 15 years in Sierra Vista/Fort Huachuca. It is had explaining that 100 degrees, 10% humidity and a breeze is relatively more comfortable than 85 degrees and 90% humidity with a breeze.

I was in Macon, GA all last week doing a server install. High 90s with high humidity. Fun! Not that New York hasn't been warm this summer, but it has been that bad for both the temps and humidity.

Back