Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

A Rod to retire

Being a very good player wasn't good enough for him. He still had to cheat. Fuck him

Being a very good player wasn't good enough for him. He still had to cheat. Fuck him

he was a great player...not just very good. He cheated to stay great.

I don't blame those guys one bit. Especially the fringe guy that may never get a shot at a big payday.

ARoid is probably my least favorite athlete in any sport of all-time. Enjoy never getting in the HOF.

Agreed, fuck that cheat and anyone that somehow tries to justify juicing!

If you're going to do it (which I lose all respect for you if you do), at least admit you screwed up and own up to it. I don't hate juicers like Giambi or McGwire like I do ARoid, Bonds, and even Ortiz. Everyone gives Ortiz a pass and its bullshit I think.

If you're going to do it (which I lose all respect for you if you do), at least admit you screwed up and own up to it. I don't hate juicers like Giambi or McGwire like I do ARoid, Bonds, and even Ortiz. Everyone gives Ortiz a pass and its bullshit I think.

McGwire didn't admit it for how long? Deny, deny, deny.. Giambi too. No one admits it right away.

I never understood the outrage over the use of PEDs in baseball compared to other sports.

I never understood the outrage over the use of PEDs in baseball compared to other sports.

Who says there isn't? Just that the NFL, for example, don't do the testing it needs. So who are we do get mad at when we don't know who's on PED.

Similar to other sports.

Didn't I just say that? Two people take PED, the very good players who want to still put up the numbers. And whether you want to believe it or not, numbers get tainted. In record books, the HR king is Bonds. Unfair which is why it's brought up at the HOF.

And the 2nd set, young kids stealing money (though some pro's fit into this). Trying to make it to pro ball or get that next contract. It will continue to happen unless MLB decides to wipe out there contract.

That McGuire/Sosa thing didn't "save baseball" as it's been said. It's the reason why the NFL is much more popular.

Didn't I just say that? Two people take PED, the very good players who want to still put up the numbers. And whether you want to believe it or not, numbers get tainted. In record books, the HR king is Bonds. Unfair which is why it's brought up at the HOF.

And the 2nd set, young kids stealing money (though some pro's fit into this). Trying to make it to pro ball or get that next contract. It will continue to happen unless MLB decides to wipe out there contract.

That McGuire/Sosa thing didn't "save baseball" as it's been said. It's the reason why the NFL is much more popular.

LOL....the NFL is more popular and there are more users in the NFL than in baseball.

Like I said...most fans don't care that they use PEDs in the NFL but MLB players are the worst humans on earth for doing it.

LOL....the NFL is more popular and there are more users in the NFL than in baseball.

Like I said...most fans don't care that they use PEDs in the NFL but MLB players are the worst humans on earth for doing it.

When do see a guy caught using in the NFL? It seems to be more about weed but their testing is laughable. At one time baseball was more popular, why is it different? You don't suddenly after 60 years decide I like one more than the other. And PED's are a big reason.. along with past strikes. Of course the NFL has had those as well.

After McGuire/Sosa - attendance went down the next year.

And I do believe we care about it in other leagues. That's why we laugh at guys like Gordon for ruining a good thing.

And if there is more users in the NFL, where is this list? Who are they? No testing you won't find guys..

Last edited:
When do see a guy caught using in the NFL? It seems to be more about weed but their testing is laughable. At one time baseball was more popular, why is it different? You don't suddenly after 60 years decide I like one more than the other. And PED's are a big reason.. along with past strikes. Of course the NFL has had those as well.

After McGuire/Sosa - attendance went down the next year.

And I do believe we care about it in other leagues. That's why we laugh at guys like Gordon for ruining a good thing.

And if there is more users in the NFL, where is this list? Who are they? No testing you won't find guys..

PED suspensions

NFL

14 in 2014
12 in 2015

MLB

1 in 2014
6 in 2015

PED suspensions

NFL

14 in 2014
12 in 2015

MLB

1 in 2014
6 in 2015

12? Oh yeah they're all taking. And you might be right on that but if they'll only catching 12 then the testing is not getting it done. And is weed part of those 12?

MLB will have less because they do better testing. Which is why Arod became a pos.

Back