Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

A Rod to retire

12? Oh yeah they're all taking. And you might be right on that but if they'll only catching 12 then the testing is not getting it done. And is weed part of those 12?

MLB will have less because they do better testing. Which is why Arod became a pos.

Those are just for PED's. The list for recreational drugs is much longer.

Like I said...the NFL / other sports have a higher use rate but nobody seems to care like they do in baseball.

Those are just for PED's. The list for recreational drugs is much longer.

Like I said...the NFL / other sports have a higher use rate but nobody seems to care like they do in baseball.

Maybe I'm not making myself clear. The NFL doesn't do the testing it needs. It's easy to get pissed at Bonds and Arod (MLB) because they were tested and caught.. Do you thing the NFL does the testing it needs? I don't think they do. I remember when baseball started to increase their testing, you'd see 60-80-100 minor league players get caught. IN the NFL, 1, then later on, 1 more and so forth.

IMO, if they did better testing and many top players got caught you'd hear fans getting upset.

Edit: And fans, if you're not caught they see them as clean.

Last edited:
This is back in June. Positive PED test doesn't mean a thing.

NFLPA agrees: NFL needs ?credible evidence? before players must respond to PED charges

"Put as simply as possible, if the league believes that it has ?credible documented evidence? of a violation arising from something other than a positive PED test, the league should impose discipline, which then triggers the obligation of the players to provide information via the appeal process."

Last edited:
Maybe I'm not making myself clear. The NFL doesn't do the testing it needs. It's easy to get pissed at Bonds and Arod (MLB) because they were tested and caught.. Do you thing the NFL does the testing it needs? I don't think they do. I remember when baseball started to increase their testing, you'd see 60-80-100 minor league players get caught. IN the NFL, 1, then later on, 1 more and so forth.

IMO, if they did better testing and many top players got caught you'd hear fans getting upset.

Edit: And fans, if you're not caught they see them as clean.

There have only been 59 MLB players that have been caught for doing PEDs since testing began in 2004 and 68 minor league suspensions. That's 127 in 12 years or about 11 per year.

There have been 60 NFL players suspended since 2011 which is 60 in 5 years or about 12 per year.

There have only been 59 MLB players that have been caught for doing PEDs since testing began in 2004 and 68 minor league suspensions. That's 127 in 12 years or about 11 per year.

There have been 60 NFL players suspended since 2011 which is 60 in 5 years or about 12 per year.

Not sure where you got your numbers but I explicitly remember soon after hey started testing, 70 ml's were caught. And like I said, MLB will be low because they do better testing.

You keep saying all NFL uses but very few are caught. What does that say? They're not doing the required testing. And the ones caught, MLB has caught many more high profile players.

Last edited:
Not sure where you got your numbers but I explicitly remember soon after hey started testing, 70 ml's were caught. And like I said, MLB will be low because they do better testing.

google

You keep saying all NFL uses but very few are caught. What does that say? They're not doing the required testing. And the ones caught, MLB has caught many more high profile players.

My main point is people don't care that these NFL players are getting caught. They are getting caught at a higher rate than baseball players.

google

My main point is people don't care that these NFL players are getting caught. They are getting caught at a higher rate than baseball players.

Maybe if they regularly caught more top players. I mean, Bonds, Clemens, Arod, Giambi, McGwire and many more. No one cares about a 5th string WR. Or back up fullback..

Maybe if they regularly caught more top players. I mean, Bonds, Clemens, Arod, Giambi, McGwire and many more. No one cares about a 5th string WR. Or back up fullback..

All of these guys were either mutiple pro bowlers or all pros

Bill Romanowski
Shawn Springs
Julius Peppers
David Boston
Shawn Merriman
Wes Welker

BTW....Bonds, Clemens, Giambi and McGwire were never caught by MLB

All of these guys were either mutiple pro bowlers or all pros

Bill Romanowski
Shawn Springs
Julius Peppers
David Boston
Shawn Merriman
Wes Welker

BTW....Bonds, Clemens, Giambi and McGwire were never caught by MLB

I think Bonds 35 neck size says he was taking them. And btw, he did test positive. McGwire admitted it, eventually. Not sure I get your point.

David Boston, really? Lol. Yeah he's a top pro. 2018 HOF. And Shawn Springs, yeah him and Clemens are really close in talent. Btw, one pro bowl. Which we know means little.

Last edited:
I think Bonds 35 neck size says he was taking them. And btw, he did test positive. McGwire admitted it, eventually. Not sure I get your point.

David Boston, really? Lol. Yeah he's a top pro. 2018 HOF. And Shawn Springs, yeah him and Clemens are really close in talent. Btw, one pro bowl. Which we know means little.

my point is people get so upset about A Rod or Bonds but don't give a shit about shitty players or ANY NFL players getting caught / using.

That was my original question...I just don't get the hate over it...for any of them.

my point is people get so upset about A Rod or Bonds but don't give a shit about shitty players or ANY NFL players getting caught / using.

That was my original question...I just don't get the hate over it...for any of them.

I suspect if Drew Brees or Barry Sanders were using and got caught it'd be different. Not Shawn Springs..

And I care and if I do others do. Plus many in baseball many still defend Bonds and others. Just different circumstances.

I think with Arod and Bonds the hate is not just about the roids......its the fact that they were probably the two best players in the game BEFORE they started using.....then vehemently denied using them when it was pretty obvious to everyone they were.

On top of that.....they were two extremely unlikeable people to begin with.

Guys like Giambi just admitted it and moved on. People in general are pretty forgiving when you man up and admit mistakes. They carry a grudge when you're first rate ass clown to begin with and then continue to lie to their face.

I think with Arod and Bonds the hate is not just about the roids......its the fact that they were probably the two best players in the game BEFORE they started using.....then vehemently denied using them when it was pretty obvious to everyone they were.

On top of that.....they were two extremely unlikeable people to begin with.

Guys like Giambi just admitted it and moved on. People in general are pretty forgiving when you man up and admit mistakes. They carry a grudge when you're first rate ass clown to begin with and then continue to lie to their face.

Definitely.

Back