Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Verlander's first start with the 'Stros

LGRW_9

Anybody else watching it on MLB? He looks good through three innings, but quite a shock to see him in a uniform without the olde English D.

And Kate is in the house, also sporting an Astros hat. Houston announcers are ecstatic over the trade.

P.S. Maybin also now with the Astros. Forgot about that.

Definitely surreal to see him in a different uniform I agree. I'm not sure I've ever rooted for a former detroit athlete as much as I am for him.

I'm cheering for the Astros like they're the frickin Tigers almost here.

They are still broadcasting the Red Sox/Blue Jays here; in the 13th inning. Hopefully over soon and on to see Verlander.

JV must feel like he's still with the Tigers. Astros getting no-hit through six.

Cameron Maybin with the Astros first hit.....a two-run dinger. If JV exits after six innings and 104 pitches, he leaves with a 3-1 lead.

Giles strikes out the side in the 9th. JV gets his 1st win as an Astro.

JV will do well with that team. Solid defense and bullpen.

His last pitch, 99MPH. That's a lot of heat.

Yup. He was pumped....gave a big glove slap and Kate whooped it up in the stands. Houston is now my favorite to go to the WS.

Verlander-Scherzer matchup? Dodgers would have something to say about that, but it would be entertaining, for sure.

Yup. He was pumped....gave a big glove slap and Kate whooped it up in the stands. Houston is now my favorite to go to the WS.

Verlander-Scherzer matchup? Dodgers would have something to say about that, but it would be entertaining, for sure.

Dodgers are like 1 win in their last 12 or so. Arizona's playing well. And of course the Nationals - I don't see any others in the NL having a chance. AL, Cleveland or Houston.

I'd like to see Arizona-Houston.

2nd start, so far 8 IP 1 hit 0 runs.

Btw, 1st batter he faced got the only hit. ERA down to 3.58.. Crazy.

Last edited:
2nd start, so far 8 IP 1 hit 0 runs.

Btw, 1st batter he faced got the only hit. ERA down to 3.58.. Crazy.

What's crazy is that we let him go...

Deserved to play his whole career wearing the olde english D, I honestly believe Mr. I is turning over in his grave.

What's crazy is that we let him go...

Deserved to play his whole career wearing the olde english D, I honestly believe Mr. I is turning over in his grave.

he could have if he wanted to...but he chose to leave

But they didn't have to trade him..

of course they didn't have to trade him...but ultimately he was the one who chose to leave. If the Tigers wanted to trade him and he really wanted to stay, he had the power to do so.

of course they didn't have to trade him...but ultimately he was the one who chose to leave. If the Tigers wanted to trade him and he really wanted to stay, he had the power to do so.

Because he wanted to compete. Nonetheless, a good team often keeps his star players.. Almost Cy Young last season, for a while this season just as dominant. Plus, as my mom would say, they got jack crap back.

Because he wanted to compete. Nonetheless, a good team often keeps his star players.. Almost Cy Young last season, for a while this season just as dominant. Plus, as my mom would say, they got jack crap back.

unless your mom can see into the future...we don't know what the players they got in return will become.

Back