Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

zoombabyzoom

Have you seen the videos for this game? Anyone who was a fan of the original PC version looks as if they will love this.

[flash=350,287:bxkp0zl6]http://www.youtube.com/v/tN93xXfews4&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:bxkp0zl6]
</td><td valign="top">
<html><head><title>Banner</title><style>html, body {margin:0;padding:0;}</style></head>
<body>
<script type="text/javascript">
var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");
var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);
if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)
{
document.write('+']');
else
document.write('+']');
}
else
{
document.write('');
}
</script>
<noscript>

</noscript>

</body>
</html>

</td></tr></table>

[flash=350,287:bxkp0zl6]http://www.youtube.com/v/epCWiq5oXW8&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:bxkp0zl6]
</td><td valign="top">
<html><head><title>Banner</title><style>html, body {margin:0;padding:0;}</style></head>
<body>
<script type="text/javascript">
var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");
var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);
{
document.write('+']');
else
document.write('+']');
}
else
{
document.write('');
}
</script>
<noscript>

</noscript>

</body>
</html>

</td></tr></table>

This is going to be my most wanted game of the new year by far

CS is going to crush all other FPS. I remember when I first started playing Counter Strike in college, the game was already 5 yrs old and there was still over 1 million players.

When CS came out, it immediately crushed Duke Nukem.

I got so sick of playing Dune though, I can't even tell you...

Still <3 my BF3.

Played some CS today, god damn! I used to be in a CAL team... I can't do shit nowadays, lost my mojo =(

I'm the same way. I was in a CS Clan back in the day and we used to wreck people using just teh DE's or Glocks... whatever.

Nowhere near on that level now. My twitch skills are long gone. I'm sorta with Mitch anymore... I'm more into the RPG's and slow moving shit that I can just mosey through

The Mad Bomber said:
I'm the same way. I was in a CS Clan back in the day and we used to wreck people using just teh DE's or Glocks... whatever.

Nowhere near on that level now. My twitch skills are long gone. I'm sorta with Mitch anymore... I'm more into the RPG's and slow moving shit that I can just mosey through

Me too

CS requires lots more skill than today's FPS. No regen HP, or respawn and you have a certain amount of $$ to buy your items. There are no perks and anything like that.

Basically in Counter-Strike you are up against another opponent and whoever is the best player wins.

I used to play in some tournaments with my team but was never that great at it. But, I like the cut n dry of it all. If your good, your stats show it. Not like in CoD, BF3, or Halo where there a number of ways for a bad player to rack up good stats.

+1 on that

CS was a skill game for sure. Cuz you consistently see the same people who were always near the top in kills:deaths ratio.

When I started out, like a lot of people, I was pretty wretched. But I got better over time.

Now, I'm awful. lol

The Mad Bomber said:
+1 on that

CS was a skill game for sure. Cuz you consistently see the same people who were always near the top in kills:deaths ratio.

When I started out, like a lot of people, I was pretty wretched. But I got better over time.

Now, I'm awful. lol

Takes a little bit to get used to the quick reflexes you have to have. Luckily there is matchmaking in the new game so everyone will be matched up with people their skill level.

August 21st is the release date

And its going to cost $15

15!

Can't believe it will be so cheap amazing

Last edited:
Played CS for about 8 years. Middle school, all through HS and college. Got pretty damn good, was with a Cal-M clan for a bit. I remember the first time playing at my friend's house, he put me at the Dust spawn, and gave me an AWP, and I just shot the guys running across. Ended up playing at an all-militia pub for at least 2 years.

COD and MW3 players just have no clue what a true shooter is. You have to play CS so incredibly cautious. If you pop out where you aren't supposed to, you are done. That game was, and is a revolution in the industry.

I was browsing reddit today and saw a thread about the honor in CS. It was absolutely crazy remembering what respect was like in a FPS.

What I'm referring to is knifing. Take your knife out, hit the wall a few times, and a knife fight to the death! Even on 1v4's. Everyone was watching which made it all the more fun.

Back