Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

the show or 2k12?

Monster

Forum Manager
Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Sacramento Kings
Michigan Wolverines
Detroit Pistons
I think almost everyone would agree that MLB The Show is a better baseball game than 2K, but this year 2K has Justin Verlander on the cover. So, I'm wondering, if you are buying a baseball game, which are you buying? If you are buying 2K12 is it because of Verlander or because you enjoy the game more? If you are buying The Show, do you feel guilty about not supporting Verlander's game?

Obviously this question is directed toward PS3 owners.

Still going with the Show.

Edit: And no, I don't feel bad. I'll buy a box of his flakes for my support.

Both games are bad, played both.

Get this in 2k I was able to hit 78 triples in one year with V-Mart (while only playing 85 games) but managed only 4 HRs.

DUMB

How have you played a full season already?

If you think the show is bad then you're obviously doing something wrong.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]How have you played a full season already?

He probably played when Sammy Sosa was on the cover. Lol.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
[quote="Monster ":agh93vfa]How have you played a full season already?

He probably played when Sammy Sosa was on the cover. Lol. [/quote:agh93vfa]

well, i know some people have hook ups that get them the game a week or two early, but how the hell do you play a full season in a week or even two?

Talking about last year, not this year. Its my biggest complaint about the baseball games right now. I am more apt to hit an inside the park HR with Cabrera then put one over the fence. That needs to change.

[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]Talking about last year, not this year. Its my biggest complaint about the baseball games right now. I am more apt to hit an inside the park HR with Cabrera then put one over the fence. That needs to change.

You certainly aren't playing the show because that's not happening.

[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]Talking about last year, not this year. Its my biggest complaint about the baseball games right now. I am more apt to hit an inside the park HR with Cabrera then put one over the fence. That needs to change.

lol

When I play as an OF and do a Delmon and let the ball fly over my head I've never seen a inside the park home run.

I always found most baseball games to be garbage.

If i was to buy one though, which one would be the best? I own a PS3.

The Show. And I agree Tony, baseball games sucked for a long time. And even the Show when it first came out but right now I think its a great game. It just seems more real, over the 2K game. And the 'Be a Pro" is awesome.

The Show is the better game by far. 2K is like what the show was 4 years ago, that far behind.

Still the lack of HRs in both games are frustrating

the show is a better game.

only downside IMO is the commentary. 2K is a much better commentary, but the gameplay is kind of...blah.

I've never played a game where I wasn't bored with the commentary 2 days later. Now granted it might not be as bad as Cris Collinsworth who is just awful, but they all stink.

Why? I'm sure we or Tony or whoever appreciate the advice but why didn't you like it?

Just seemed impossible to make my player any better.

Honestly think if a kid took the time he used for making his player good on that game, and instead actually went out and practice baseball. He probably would end up being a pro baseball player lol

I bought a ps3 2 years ago just to play "the show" games. I love baseball games and college football video games and play them around the calander.

I dont mind playing 2k baseball games but The show is much better. The show will challenge you game in and game out.

At first i had a rough time hitting, but it just took a while to learn how to time the pitches.

Back