Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Miami Marlins early thud

Yeah, Ali didn't look very good. Its too bad..

Btw, are you a Marlins fan webguy?

wow who the hell let Loria go with this.

Im sure Ali doesnt know whats goen on or where hes at.

Yeah, Ali didn't look very good. Its too bad..

Btw, are you a Marlins fan webguy?

Not really! Just watching the Marlins in 2012 -- sorta' like a case-study program. So much money was invested in that new ballpark. So much money was added to team payroll. I would hate to see MLB have to bail-out the franchise in a couple more years.

Hated to see Ali get 'quieted' many years ago by Parkinsons. Now I hate seeing him slowly 'rot away".

This was a very vibrant, charismatic, outgoing, boistrous, self-admiring man in his heyday. Three folks (I admired) were put down too early back in my youngen days.

John F. Kennedy
Mohammed Ali (Cassius Clay)
John Lennon

Sorry if I refer to Ali as being dead. But remembering him in the 60s-70s-80s and seeing him now, is my definition of being 'put down".

Last edited:
Loved the Ozzie reaction to the dribbler between Ramirez and Reyes.

Ozzie stuck his foot in his mouth again yesterday. Saying he loves to end the nightly games ritual by going to the hotel bar to get drunk.

Ozzie stuck his foot in his mouth again yesterday. Saying he loves to end the nightly games ritual by going to the hotel bar to get drunk.

I have a feeling that Ozzie is going to have shoe-polish breath all season long.

He always does, and its even funnier now that he's not in our league any more.

I guess yesterday Guillen commented on his love for the newly-reinvented Fidel Castro.

That's great Ozzie! Can we get you to invest heavily in a Havana baseball franchise and move there premanently? Maybe get your Venezuelan best friend Hugo Chavez to move there also - for closer proximity of his many cancer treatments in Cuba?

Last edited:
I'm not hatin' on the White Sox as much now that Ozzie is gone..

I'm not hatin' on the White Sox as much now that Ozzie is gone..

I think Ozzie was the one thing I liked about the White Sox.

He was kind of a tool, but the guy said what he was thinking, none of this "um yeah, oh, well...." shit you get from Smokey on things.

I'll hate them with a seething passion until the day A.J. dies.

Now ESPN is reporting Ozzie is doing a little hating on Castro.

He probably says one thing sober - opposite while drunk.
Some say his managerial M.O. is eerily similar.

I haven't ventured over here but a couple of times..but saw the thread title about the marlins.
All I can say, at least for now, early observations, is thankfully the Tigers did not make a play for hanley ramirez. Cabrera looks like a Gold Glover at 3rd compared to some high/low lights on hanley's fielding adventures. Maybe he will improve at the position...

Ozzie fluffs Castro FTW and a five-game timeout. Marlins, MLB and Ozzie make all the appropriate post-event statements. Castro remains a big-league asshole.

Back