Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

COD Modern Warfare 3

That game I believe was the driving force behind any FPS. That game was well ahead of its time. Havent played since college, but when we did it was so popular I would personally know 45 players that were playing all at once. Just amazing.

Had a few clans of my own, but we never won anything. Finished like 3rd in a tourney at college but thats it.

schles192 said:
The campaigns for FPS are getting weaker and weaker, its all about the online play these days. Never really played CS but a coworker of mine is all about it, he used to stumble in like a zombie bragining about how his clan made 20K last night. Word is they are making a new CS.
that part has been pissing me off for ages. if i want an online shooter, ill go get TF2 or CS for less than half of what CoD costs (not that i dont already have them). if im paying $50-60 for a game, i want a good, long, intriguing, well-designed campaign a-la half-life or the CoD games up through CoD4. i dont want a shitty short campaign with recycled multiplayer that only adds a few new features (like all the CoD games SINCE MW4).

that and i think the current FPS style is really stale. half life revolutionized it, but valve has been REALLY good at keeping it fresh and making enough changes to keep it interesting (plus their storylines and campaign designs are the best in the industry, bar none). nearly every other shooter is basically an original half-life or halo clone that adds nothing to the genre. they are mass-produced and boring. its rare these days that i find a game that is primarily a shooter that i love (stalker, metro 2033). i still need at least some RPG element to them in whatever small way to make me interested.

also, i despise halo. i thought the original one was pretty good, especially on PC, but i also think its HIGHLY overrated (not even close to one of the best all time) and the multitude of sequels are mostly shit (and yes, ive played them so i know).

I love the online cod series, but I like most shooters. If I was going to compare the campaign mode to another game it would be madden. They are just milking the rev stream and the campaign seems like an after thought.

There hasn't been a great campaign since Halo 1 in any of these shooter games.

I liked MW2's campaign, but I'm not really a hardcore gamer. Just play sports titles and COD pretty much.

[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]There hasn't been a great campaign since Halo 1 in any of these shooter games.
half-life 2 and the episodes come to mind, as well as CoD 1, 2, and 4. nothing since then though.

and while i really liked the storyline of halo 1, ive always thought the level and weapon designs were rather sub-par...any time a semi-auto pistol is just about the best weapon in the game means that the weapon designers did a poor job. and even though they handled rather clunkily, halo 1 had some very good vehicle sequences.

Wasnt really a Halo fan. Thought it was ok.

COD is weak sauce the madden of the fps world. new skins, new tiny maps same old engine. Battlefield > CoD

check this vid out you will never see this kind of teamwork and scale in cod. this is a community competition in bf2 (2005). $100 for every knife kill.

[flash=350,287:ary2got6]http://www.youtube.com/v/PjnPe-X4XNQ&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:ary2got6]
</td><td valign="top">
<html><head><title>Banner</title><style>html, body {margin:0;padding:0;}</style></head>
<body>
<script type="text/javascript">
var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");
var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);
if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)
{
if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)
document.write('+']');
else
document.write('+']');
}
else