Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

What System/Systems

Lotta posts to cover, I like this thread :-D

RIFT, ahhh that was fun. I was on Briarcliff. Still got a 50 rogue and a 48 mage. Let's see... all the MMO's I've played? Hell the list gets longer every year... Asheron's Call, Dark Age of Camelot, WoW, Warhammer Online, Age of Conan, Mortal Online, RIFT, Battlestar Galactica Online. All I can think of off the top of my head. If you can't tell, I'm pretty into PvP centered games (Asheron's Call being #1, DAoC #2, Mortal Online #3 IMO)

STO I hear was just a HORRIBAD game, glad I didn't invest in it...

I already pre-ordered SW:TOR, and I can't fuggan wait. Beta testing opens up in a few weeks I believe.

PVP is my favorite aspect as well. Yeah DAOC was good. Never played Asheron's Call. Pretty much the rest you listed though but Mortal Online. I liked EQ and EQ2. I hope EQ Next is good. That's awhile off though.

I have a custom built Gaming PC. for those with steam My username is (=cH=)Aquillies

Windows 7-64 bit
Asus Mobo
AMD PhenomII x4 @ 3.0 ghz
8gb Corsair Dominator 1600 ddr3
x4 ATI 5770 GPU
twin 300GB Raptor HD's 10,000 rpm
1000 watt corsair power supply

i need a new gfx card sometime relatively soon, im still using a BFG 8800GT OXC edition. im waiting for the new ATI cards to come out before i upgrade though.

the rest of my system is still nearly 4 years old, but doesnt need to be replaced because it still destroys things:

Win7 home premium x64
Core2 Quad Q6600
evga nvidia 750 SLI mobo
the 8800GT
4GB DDR 2 ram
640GB seagate 7200rpm drive (i wanna get a SSD to run programs off of eventually, but theyre still too expensive for the size i need)

i wish i didnt have an intel chipset (i HATE intel), but i had no choice. when i was building this box i had been waiting for the phenoms to come out, but when they did they sucked ass and were buggy. i couldnt wait anymore because i was still running a socket 754 original athlon 64 so i ended up having to get the Q6600.

I built my PC about 18 months ago so its still top of the line. My card is the ATI 5870. I love Intel though.

i hate the company. theyre douchebags, as evidenced by the multiple anti-trust lawsuits against them.

also, good news! STO will be FTP by the end of the year, which means ill totally play it again. yay!

Spockmaster said:
i hate the company. theyre douchebags, as evidenced by the multiple anti-trust lawsuits against them.

But they're awesome.

:)

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
Spockmaster said:

But they're awesome.

:)
if theyre so awesome, why did it take them something like 4 years to come up with a processor that could reasonably compete with AMD's athlon 64s performance-wise? it took them from when the first athlon 64s came out till intel released the core2 architecture to even come close to AMD's performance...and AMD has always been comparatively cheaper. in an industry and time-period where major improvements were being made about every 3-6 months, to go 4 years without being able to catch up to your main competitor is pathetic.

when i have the choice, i will NEVER buy an intel product. ive just occasionally not had the choice. when i do my next major rebuild, ill be getting AMD again without a doubt.

i also will never get nvidia again. i used to always get their cards over ATI, but ati being bought by amd combined with my uncle getting FUCKED by nvidia (he used to be one of the few people in the company that had something he designed/worked on in every piece of hardware they put out, but they fucked him over somehow and he works elsewhere now; it was bad enough he wouldnt tell me what happened), i will never buy them again.

Pentium 4's were fine in speed to the Anhlon's. Plus those damn Anthons were hard to get anyway, they just didn't make many of them. When it comes to amd or Intel, they both have their benefits and issues. I agree with you on the Nvidia. Not a fan myself.

I've had a lot of luck with ATI. I've been using them for over 20 years.

Back