Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim

Beez said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Well, you probably have to have some interest in an RPG style game. Or at least some gaming outside Madden and NBA2K. But its quite the awesomeness.

The only other non sports games I've really played are call of duty, infamous (which I htought was pretty cool but I lost interest after a while). I played God of War III and it was ok I guess, didn't really get into it to much but it was ok. I tried Kill Zone 2 but honestly I sucked really bad at that game for whatever reason.... back in the day I used to play a game called parasite Eve, a couple of the resident evils.... never really have gotten into them to much though so I'm not sure if this game is just good for "gamers" or if the common person who plays video games 1-3 times a week can get into it.

Well it sounds like the non sports games you've played you didn't enjoy much or get into?

:)

The game picks the person not the other way IMO. I've mentioned it on here before but I'm so glad I decided to use GameFly. If i don't like a game or three, I didn't waste full price. The highly rated Dark Souls was a perfect example, I hated it. Just send it back and get a different game. Perfect. And outside of Infamous 2, those other games you listed I didnt like either :)

Everyone told me how GREAT the god of war series was...I enjoyed playing it for a bit but in no way did I have an urge to go jump on the sticks after coming home from work like I did with sports games. Lately I've been playing superstar mode on madden as an undrafted qb for the shitty Cleveland Browns. I never really like the superstar mode but this years isn't bad at all. Only gripe I have is it's pretty easy to advance skill wise. I've played like half a season and I went from a 60 overall to and 87..think I may start over and play on All madden instead of all pro. The only thing I hate about all madden is you can never throw down field on a bad team because the defense it in before you wr comes out of his break everytime.

All Madden is way too tough for me. As far other gaming, I'm not an RPG fanboy. It just depends, some I completely hated. And others I loved. My favorites have always been point and click. A lost art these days. Seems all the gaming companies have went FPS crazy. All games look a like. Sorry but i like to see my character and move like a normal person.

lol point and click always confounds me. i never played them much when i was younger, so when i try now i get frustrated about 15 minutes in and quit playing.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]All Madden is way too tough for me. As far other gaming, I'm not an RPG fanboy. It just depends, some I completely hated. And others I loved. My favorites have always been point and click. A lost art these days. Seems all the gaming companies have went FPS crazy. All games look a like. Sorry but i like to see my character and move like a normal person.

I remember when I was a kid I got really into a game on the original playstation called Blazing Dragons... it was a game where you would enter a scene and there were different things you would have to figure out to move on. You'd have to look at the screen over and over to find some small detail that needed to be solved to move on to the next scene. It was a very basic game as far as movement and things but I remember I really enjoyed it and it took a while to beat. A lot of frustration...I was probaby 8-10 when the game came out.

I don't know if it was just a great game when I was a kid or if it really was just good in general. I haven't played it since but it was one of my favorites.
Blazing_Dragons_cover.jpg

LOL a game called "blazing" dragons with Cheech as a voice, in a childrens game, how did this get past the ESRB?

MI_Thumb said:
LOL a game called "blazing" dragons with Cheech as a voice, in a childrens game, how did this get past the ESRB?

lol I guess it's based on a monty python cartoon from what I saw looking for that picture.

Spockmaster said:
lol point and click always confounds me. i never played them much when i was younger, so when i try now i get frustrated about 15 minutes in and quit playing.

Probably have to get accustomed to them I suppose. But some of the reason I like them so much is you can take your time rather than the kill, kill, kill games of today. I used to also be into games that I would start out in a dark cave for example, and I'd need to find my way out, w, se, n etc. Just a texted game. Not sure they have those any more.

Gaming has changed so much. Some games I love, Uncharted and Mass Effect but i wish they'd make a few more from the old days.

I used to also be into games that I would start out in a dark cave for example, and I'd need to find my way out, w, se, n etc. Just a texted game. Not sure they have those any more.

Rock on. That's what started me.

I might just keep it from GameFly. I've already played 70 hours worth and I could see me playing another 100 easy with my one character and if I start another character, playing until 2012. I love this fk'n game.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I might just keep it from GameFly. I've already played 70 hours worth and I could see me playing another 100 easy with my one character and if I start another character, playing until 2012. I love this fk'n game.

Holy shit thats a lot of hours

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
[quote="Mitch":qxnxp9ta]I might just keep it from GameFly. I've already played 70 hours worth and I could see me playing another 100 easy with my one character and if I start another character, playing until 2012. I love this fk'n game.

Holy shit thats a lot of hours[/quote:qxnxp9ta]

Yeah I've been playing way too much, lol. Not getting any work done that's for sure. Will slow it down a bit being thanksgiving week and all.

got my free copy of Skyrim today through Bethseda's retail insider, now i just gotta wait till i get a lot of my 20-page paper done before i play it XD

Spockmaster said:
got my free copy of Skyrim today through Bethseda's retail insider, now i just gotta wait till i get a lot of my 20-page paper done before i play it XD

Damn hook me up when the new Fallout drops

Fun game.

I haven't played near as much as Mitch - I'm only level 23 atm, but I loved all the Elder Scrolls games, and this one hasn't disappointed.

The world is freakin amazing.

103 hours in, level 30 if that is any indication of how it goes. Though I bet my leveling is a bit slower than most.

Get back into after the weekend. Beta test for swtor all weekend.

Is there a /played option, or where did you find your hours played?

The Mad Bomber said:
Get back into after the weekend. Beta test for swtor all weekend.

Is there a /played option, or where did you find your hours played?

After you save or load, it will have the info there. Let us know how SWTOR is. I can beta it but i don't think I'll find the time.

Yeah, I think I have to say that Skyrim is the best game I have ever played. I'm sitting at level 31 or 2 at the moment. I play it from first person the whole time. I went with a mage and will probably go with some beefcake on my second play through. I've probably put in around 60 hours and have barely touched the main quest, and I have really only accepted quests in 3 cities. I'm assuming it will take around 250 (maybe a lot more) or so for me to do everything. I'm going to take advantage of my very last Christmas break to the max with this game.

I'm about 160 hours in, level 36-37, I forget. Still enjoying the heck out of it. So much still to do and thinking about another character as well. Oh, and I have a wife who has a job and gives me money. How cool is that :) .

Back