Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Madden Football 2012

Got it earlier today, just started a franchise as the Lions.

Meh.

probably from a mom and pop shop. I'm broke this month, so I'll probably have to trade in a game or two at gamestop. the wonderful world of unexpected bills.

I'll pick it up where ever I can once I get to NC and yes ma and pa shops are good.

I dont have it yet, but you can get it earlier just have to buy the EA Season Ticket. However, might as well wait now comes out Tuesday 12am (or Monday night). Midnight release at Gamestop!

josh200612 said:
mjsb2 said:
Got it earlier today, just started a franchise as the Lions.

Meh.

What? How?

I buy my games from some guy who gets the game offline for 5 bucks.

They usually leak earlier, sometimes up to two weeks early.

Got to have a moded xbox though.

I've been playing with the demo a bit. Nothing that says shit, I better get it Tuesday morning. That's what having the only licensed game on the market will do, there just no damn reason for them to want to get better. I'll probably wait until November and get it cheaper.

The espn games were better and more fun than madden, cheaper as well. Thats why ea made the deal.

I've always like Madden but competition is good. Its like DirecTV and their football package and why they can charge so much. No one else.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I've always like Madden but competition is good. Its like DirecTV and their football package and why they can charge so much. No one else.

ATT owns directv right? why is sunday ticket not on att uverse? makes no sense to me. FUCK YOU DIRECTV!

got mine today after my kids first scrimmage for Minors...my cousin manages a Blockbuster
grin.png

Only hours till I get my hands on it! Finally something to fill the void

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]The espn games were better and more fun than madden, cheaper as well. Thats why ea made the deal.

Disagree. I thought the presentation was better but ESPN/2k game play sucked imo.

picked up Madden at midnight. Gotta say, love the presentation this year. Much better. The gameplay feels much more realistic as well, especially with the blocking and run game. I'm sure the pregame announcements will get old after a while, but i like them.

I decided to order one yesterday, yeah I'm a sucker, so it should arrive in the next hour or so. I usually get stuff on delivery between 2-3.

Stayed up really late playing it. Its more challenging that is for sure. With the way the tackling works, just because there is a guy there doesn't mean he actually makes a tackle unless he come in contact with the ball carrier. That new zone system is killing me as well. Commentary sucks ass like usual, but the presentation is great. The scouting seems fun and easy, I just wish you could change player roles. Because, KVB should be a team mentor. But, looks like roles are rarer than when Madden first used them. Still, I am now back into my flow and kicking ass on All-Pro. Once I get more accustomed it will be time for All-Madden.

Also, be careful playing with injuries on I had to restart a game because I lost Stafford, Best, Tulloch for the season and Pettigrew for 11 weeks in one game. So I play my game with injuries off, then before I simulate the rest of the week I turn them back on to screw the other teams! Notable injuries so far are Flacco out for year.

The cut days and the roster fillers are cool too, I like that idea adds another aspect. Made my 1 move I promised myself, signed I think Tatupu and traded him along with Eric Coleman for Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie.

Okay so I started a franchise and during the first game against the Bengals, first half 2 minute warning. I notice Jeff Backus is lining up a as wide out, lol. And when the Bengals get the ball back, they complete a short pass over the middle, "Calvin Johnson makes the tackle", lol.

Wth? I know that the depth chart is set correctly. Very odd.

C. Johnson: 1 catch 34 yards, 6 tackles 1 for loss. He's a throwback.

:)

Back