Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Sports > Misc Sports

Old 07-26-2017, 07:34 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinselwolverine View Post
Tiger Woods was like that when he was good and Jack Nicholas was like that.

The last tournament is history.

What does winning the last one have to do with winning the one you're playing now?
That's why I didn't like Tiger. I don't remember seeing Jack throw a club.. I was just explaining why I didn't like him is all. Didn't mean anything by it. I also didn't like Bobby Bonilla.

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

The NFL can kiss my ass!!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-26-2017, 07:45 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchrapp View Post
That's why I didn't like Tiger. I don't remember seeing Jack throw a club.. I was just explaining why I didn't like him is all. Didn't mean anything by it. I also didn't like Bobby Bonilla.
I don't know if Nicklaus ever threw a club, but he was one serious ass, humorless fuck on the golf course.

If you didn't like Tiger Woods and you don't like Spieth, you probably wouldn't have liked Nicklaus.

Nevertheless-they are the three youngest golfers in history to have won three different major championships at the time they won them.

So maybe there is a correlation.

"When you look for the bad in mankind, expecting to find it, you surely will." - Pollyanna

Last edited by tinselwolverine; 07-26-2017 at 07:48 PM.
Old 07-26-2017, 10:53 PM   #23

Quote:
He's like the opposite of Kuch in a way. When he won the Masters I remember the following week or when ever he played next he seemed pissed off.. I suppose he hit a bad shot and he tossed a club. I'm thinking to myself dude you just won the Masters why isn't he Perma happy.. And why throw a club. It's just better to root for guys like Kuch, and Phil. Well that's my story..
I don't like when guys do that but I admit I slam clubs and cuss when I get pissed on the course (I don't throw them though) so I guess I'm hypocritical in that regard. I used to love Tiger growing up but he really started to rub me the wrong way circa 2005. He just became such an unlikable tool, a robot in press conferences and interviews, kind of a dick to the fans, never showed much of a personality or human side, etc. Still the best I've ever seen though (jack was before my time).
Old 07-26-2017, 11:02 PM   #24

Quote:
I don't know if Nicklaus ever threw a club, but he was one serious ass, humorless fuck on the golf course.

If you didn't like Tiger Woods and you don't like Spieth, you probably wouldn't have liked Nicklaus.

Nevertheless-they are the three youngest golfers in history to have won three different major championships at the time they won them.

So maybe there is a correlation.
I sure I'm not the only one who doesn't like 100% of the pro's. Anyway, Speith is sometimes just a big baby.. I just don't understanding the throwing of the club.. I was a big Jack fan.. Maybe I wouldn't be if he golfed today, don't know. My favorites are like Kuch, The Big Easy, ViJay Singh etc.. Nothing personal.

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

Old 07-26-2017, 11:36 PM   #25

Quote:
I sure I'm not the only one who doesn't like 100% of the pro's. Anyway, Speith is sometimes just a big baby.. I just don't understanding the throwing of the club.. I was a big Jack fan.. Maybe I wouldn't be if he golfed today, don't know. My favorites are like Kuch, The Big Easy, ViJay Singh etc.. Nothing personal.
Oh I'm glad you let me know that it isn't personal that you like certain millionaire golfers more than other millionaire golfers, all of whom have security staff to keep regular people-like us-away from them, otherwise my feelings might of been kind of hurt.

"When you look for the bad in mankind, expecting to find it, you surely will." - Pollyanna
Old 07-26-2017, 11:41 PM   #26

Quote:
Oh I'm glad you let me know that it isn't personal that you like certain millionaire golfers more than other millionaire golfers, all of whom have security staff to keep regular people-like us-away from them, otherwise my feelings might of been kind of hurt.
You just seem to be taken this kind of oddly because I don't like a guy .. We all have reasons why we don't like people.. Should I like Tiger just because he was a great golfer? He was a slug.

Old 07-27-2017, 03:41 AM   #27

Quote:
You just seem to be taken this kind of oddly because I don't like a guy .. We all have reasons why we don't like people.. Should I like Tiger just because he was a great golfer? He was a slug.
I don't think I'm taking this oddly at all.

Winning is winning no matter how liked or not liked a player is by somebody.

If Kuchar had won he would no longer be considered the best player on the tour to have never won a major, just like Mickelson was for a long time and more recently Sergio Garcia was for a long time, and the golf world would be celebrating that just like the golf world celebrated that when Mickelson finally won a major and Sergio Garcia finally won a major.

But he didn't.

And now Speight is in a position to make history and Kuchar is still the best player on the tour to have never won a major championship.

Winning is winning. That's it.

Old 07-27-2017, 04:24 AM   #28

Quote:
I don't think I'm taking this oddly at all.

Winning is winning no matter how liked or not liked a player is by somebody.

If Kuchar had won he would no longer be considered the best player on the tour to have never won a major, just like Mickelson was for a long time and more recently Sergio Garcia was for a long time, and the golf world would be celebrating that just like the golf world celebrated that when Mickelson finally won a major and Sergio Garcia finally won a major.

But he didn't.

And now Speight is in a position to make history and Kuchar is still the best player on the tour to have never won a major championship.

Winning is winning. That's it.
I think you're confusing something. What does winning have to do with rooting for a player or liking said player? Or am I suppose to like all the guys who win majors? I never aid he wasn't good.. He's just not one of my favorite players.. Like the New England Patriots.

Old 07-27-2017, 08:37 AM   #29

I like the players who play the game. I think Spieth is in that camp. Miguel Angel Jiminez (a favorite) is as well. Gotta prop JS for lunaring that drive on 13 and then recovering for a bogey followed by birdie-eagle-birdie. Audubon was getting jealous.
Old 07-27-2017, 10:22 AM   #30

Technically don't they all play the game?