Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Sports > Detroit Lions > NFL General Board

Old 12-12-2017, 03:18 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewer229 View Post
Well it was a slightly different game in 2001-2006. There wasn't a single year that Tom Brady didn't finish in the top 10 in QB rating.
It's just flat out easier to play QB now.

In 2001 there was 1 QB with a 100+ rating (Warner at 101.4)
There were only 5 QBs above 90.

This year there is 6 QBs over 100 and 17 over 90 rating.

So a statistically average QB now, would have been a statistically top 5 QB 16 years ago.

I'll take the best QB in the league over the best coach in the league.
I can't argue with that. But over the long term, coaching has a massive affect on a players career… Especially the quarterback position. I don't think Tom Brady is a five-time Super Bowl winner if he gets drafted by Cleveland.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 12-12-2017, 07:10 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchrapp View Post
Been saying for a long time. It's almost like they're afraid of the INT. It's okay to have 15-18 INT if you're getting 40 TD's. Like 2011, that guy becomes a potential hall of fame guy. Not an Alex Smith guy.

Last 6 years, including 2017, only 1 season he has 30+ TD. We don't have the defense to win with an Alex Smith type QB.
I'm not saying that. But his game changed. He was gunslinger and then turned into a check down QB. And that's what he is for the most part. It's much easier to defend a QB like that. Sure they get these nice passer ratings but in the end that's all they get.

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

The NFL can kiss my ass!!