Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Sports > Michigan State Spartans

Old 02-13-2018, 08:50 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbee View Post
if we win out in the regular season, a 2 is a joke. No big ten team has been better than 16-2 since the 2007 OSU team
What if OSU also wins out and the BTT, particularly if they beat us again doing it? We couldn't both be 1s and it would be a bit odd for us to get it instead of them.

Those are a lot of what ifs and their remaining B1G schedule is harder than ours - although, I expect they'll be favored in every game.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 02-13-2018, 09:04 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanmack View Post
What if OSU also wins out and the BTT, particularly if they beat us again doing it? We couldn't both be 1s and it would be a bit odd for us to get it instead of them.

Those are a lot of what ifs and their remaining B1G schedule is harder than ours - although, I expect they'll be favored in every game.
Win out the regular season and we're a 2. Win the BTT and we're a 1. Stumble and we're a 3 or even a 4 if we have a couple bad losses.

Last edited by johnny2x2x; 02-13-2018 at 09:07 AM.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:23 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny2x2x View Post
Win out he regular season and we're a 2. Win the BTT and we're a 1. Stumble and we're a 3 or even a 4 if we have a couple bad losses.
I agree, I think we have to win out and win the BTT to guarantee the 1. My point in that post was there is a reasonable scenario where we go 16-2 in B1G play and don't get the 1 seed.

I haven't followed the rest of the B1G that closely but it looks like @ NW is our toughest opponent. The silver lining to the B1G being down is that 3 of our last 4 are road games - a couple of years ago this could have been a far tougher home stretch.

Last edited by Spartanmack; 02-13-2018 at 09:24 AM.