Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Sports > Michigan Wolverines

Old 02-12-2018, 01:09 PM   #1001

Michigan basketball remains ranked (2/12/18)

22 in AP

21 in Coach's poll

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 02-13-2018, 10:47 AM   #1002

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbsco View Post
Well, if you aren't calling Iowa a "gimmie," then no one is a gimmie. They suck.
Have you watched this team play at home in some games this year? Michigan has struggled in a lot of games against lesser opponents like this. I am concerned for sure that they might be looking ahead to OSU this weekend and could get popped.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:53 AM   #1003

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMRules06 View Post
Have you watched this team play at home in some games this year? Michigan has struggled in a lot of games against lesser opponents like this. I am concerned for sure that they might be looking ahead to OSU this weekend and could get popped.
Yep, they barely beat Maryland and MN.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:58 AM   #1004

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungry View Post
Yep, they barely beat Maryland and MN.
Right. And played god awful against NW for much of that game. Illinois we were losing at halftime. Iowa is not a gimmie based on what I've seen from Michigan this year.
Old 02-13-2018, 11:12 AM   #1005

Quote:
This is not my point. We can't call ANY game a gimmie if Iowa's not.

If Iowa's not a gimmie, who are one of the crappier teams in the Power conferences, then no one is.

They are about as close to a team that you should truck at this point in the season. I know we don't use RPI much anymore, but they are currently 138th. And for context, there are teams like Dayton, St. Louis, Memphis, and UC Irvine in front of them. And I know we'd call those guys gimmies.

Last edited by dubbsco; 02-13-2018 at 11:22 AM.
Old 02-13-2018, 11:23 AM   #1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbsco View Post
This is not my point. We can't call ANY game a gimmie if Iowa's not.

If Iowa's not a gimmie, who are one of the crappier teams in the Power conferences, then no one is.

They are about as close to a team that you should truck at this point in the season. I know we don't use RPI much anymore, but they are currently 138th. And for context, there are teams like Dayton, St. Louis, Memphis, and UC Irvine in front of them. And I know we'd call those guys gimmies.
Exactly. Nobody is a gimmie to Michigan is what I'm saying.
Old 02-13-2018, 11:29 AM   #1007

Quote:
Exactly. Nobody is a gimmie to Michigan is what I'm saying.
Fair enough. But, it doesn't really matter what us fans think, so I'll just go ahead and say that this is as close to a "gimmie" as possible.

If not, I guess we should just take the word out of our vernacular for this conversation.
Old 02-13-2018, 11:40 AM   #1008

Moe and Duncan were both awful and played limited minutes against Iowa in the first match-up. Moe is rolling right now. He's put up 15+ points in seven of our last nine games. I can't imagine Iowa's awful defense slowing him down much.

Hopefully Duncan keeps hitting his open threes. Iowa should offer him plenty of opportunities since they are defense adverse. They've given up 80+ in their eight of their last 9 games.

"Referees are a sub-human species that is hell-bent on destroying the good and fun in everything" - Aristotle
Old 02-13-2018, 11:41 AM   #1009

Michigan absolutely should win this game, and we will all be rightfully upset if they don't. I'm just saying the game does concern me somewhat.
Old 02-13-2018, 11:45 AM   #1010

Quote:
Michigan absolutely should win this game, and we will all be rightfully upset if they don't. I'm just saying the game does concern me somewhat.
For sure. I'm concerned every game because I'm a nervous nellie when I watch the team in general and because I'm a substantially bigger M basketball fan compared to M football. I would take a F4 10 times out of 10 before the CFB Playoff.

But there are certain games that I would sure hope that Michigan wins by 10+. This is one of those games.