Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Sports > Michigan Wolverines

Old 02-12-2018, 06:12 PM   #461

In Smack's and Sbee's world, we are all just robots. If no conviction, an event did not happen.

In the real world, we get to all make up our own minds. We know that there are a lot of people out there that get away with crimes, so we know that just because there is no conviction, there are things that have happened.

Even Sbee says something besides littering likely happened, yet Izzo did absolutely nothing. Do you seriously think that Izzo couldn't come up with the same conclusion that sbee did? Of course, he can and probably did, but Walton was like a son to him, so he protected him. He didn't protect him by intervening with the city attorney. No, I don't believe that. The city attorney probably was worried about getting a conviction, because there were 2 people that said this thing did not happen, even though there were others that said it did AND he didn't want to be the city attorney that charged Walton. Can you imagine having to be that guy and live the rest of your life being that guy? Not getting a conviction would have been a major mark against this guy for the rest of his career and the rest of his life. Charging Walton would have made this situation very high profile. Perhaps, he could just whittle it down to littering and hope it goes away forever.

How would it have looked if Izzo had cut his seemingly meaningless student assistant at even the hint of an assault situation? That would've been like a conviction. Walton, who was like a son to Izzo, would've had to carry that around the rest of his life. He likely would never get any sniff of playing or coaching ever again.

Of course, you aren't ever going to be convinced, so I'm not even doing trying to do that. Where an MSU player/coach is involved, you think "no conviction, no event." Where a Michigan player/coach is involved, you think, "HE DID IT AND ITS MUCH WORSE THAN ANYONE CAN IMAGINE!!!!!!!!!"

I'm just hoping to make sure that Vic is informed of all of this, before he sits down with poor ol' Tom. I mean, Tom has his best team ever. Miles Bridges said he's coming back to win a championship. Tom shouldn't have to deal with all of this non-basketball stuff. Life just isn't fair for ol' Tom.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by hungry; 02-12-2018 at 06:14 PM.
Old 02-12-2018, 06:13 PM   #462

Oh wait! We don't know that Izzo did nothing. He likely told his "son," Walton, to go to his room and took his Xbox for a week...
Old 02-12-2018, 08:05 PM   #463

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungry View Post
In Smack's and Sbee's world, we are all just robots. If no conviction, an event did not happen.

In the real world, we get to all make up our own minds. We know that there are a lot of people out there that get away with crimes, so we know that just because there is no conviction, there are things that have happened.

Even Sbee says something besides littering likely happened, yet Izzo did absolutely nothing. Do you seriously think that Izzo couldn't come up with the same conclusion that sbee did? Of course, he can and probably did, but Walton was like a son to him, so he protected him. He didn't protect him by intervening with the city attorney. No, I don't believe that. The city attorney probably was worried about getting a conviction, because there were 2 people that said this thing did not happen, even though there were others that said it did AND he didn't want to be the city attorney that charged Walton. Can you imagine having to be that guy and live the rest of your life being that guy? Not getting a conviction would have been a major mark against this guy for the rest of his career and the rest of his life. Charging Walton would have made this situation very high profile. Perhaps, he could just whittle it down to littering and hope it goes away forever.

How would it have looked if Izzo had cut his seemingly meaningless student assistant at even the hint of an assault situation? That would've been like a conviction. Walton, who was like a son to Izzo, would've had to carry that around the rest of his life. He likely would never get any sniff of playing or coaching ever again.

Of course, you aren't ever going to be convinced, so I'm not even doing trying to do that. Where an MSU player/coach is involved, you think "no conviction, no event." Where a Michigan player/coach is involved, you think, "HE DID IT AND ITS MUCH WORSE THAN ANYONE CAN IMAGINE!!!!!!!!!"

I'm just hoping to make sure that Vic is informed of all of this, before he sits down with poor ol' Tom. I mean, Tom has his best team ever. Miles Bridges said he's coming back to win a championship. Tom shouldn't have to deal with all of this non-basketball stuff. Life just isn't fair for ol' Tom.
Where is your evidence that he protected him? How do you know what, beyond littering happened? Are you so certain that he punched her? Is it not possible that he shoved her or deflected her assault on him, she falls and is injured in the fall? I'm open to the possibility that he hit her - it's you who needs to believe only the worst is possible. The truth is, I don't know what happened and neither do you. Again, there are conflicting eyewitness reports and if I'm not mistaken, those that support Walton aren't from his friends.

And this whole "I don't want to be the guy who charged Travis Walton and didn't get a conviction" thing is WAY overblown - it's ridiculous, actually. Nobody would remember Walton or the prosecutor at this point even if it went to trial - conviction or not. If Izzo didn't and doesn't interfere with law enforcement, then what are they afraid of? Is there "the invisible hand of Tom Izzo and Mark Dantonio" that prosecutors simply are too scared to press charges against athletes? The two sexual assault cases involving the football team seem to indicate what nonsense that is. The idea that East Lansing is this place where athletes get away with assault because the athletic department and coaches run the town is laughably stupid.

I'm not convinced because you're not presenting a convincing argument. It's possible it went down that way, but it's not obvious and your prison guard intuition is pretty meaningless - you're no more qualified to make a determination based off of what we know than anyone else is. I've never said anything remotely like "no conviction, no event." I've said all along, there clearly was an event. You're the one who is so certain of what happened, even though you really have no idea.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:04 AM   #464

A Sparty Wrote This

"When you look for the bad in mankind, expecting to find it, you surely will." - Pollyanna
Old 02-13-2018, 10:26 AM   #465

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinselwolverine View Post
Yep, not really a fan of hers, but she came out Jan 30th and said some things. For that, she received death threats from the MSU faithful. Spartan fans twitted about how she isn't a Spartan anymore, because of her words and that was probably the nicest thing they said. They cussed her out, called her fat and ugly, and sent the death threats that I already mentioned.

This is what I was talking about. You don't go to war with MSU basketball or there will be consequences. It's just a good thing she doesn't live near E Lansing and have a family that goes to school near there.

http://theundefeated.com/features/mi...start-talking/
Old 02-13-2018, 10:56 AM   #466

Quote:
They cussed her out, called her fat and ugly... [/url]
What can I tell ya?

One man's fat and ugly is the next man's big boobed, big bootied, bodacious bodalicious black babe...

I'm married though, and I'm pretty sure so is she...so I guess that's that...

"When you look for the bad in mankind, expecting to find it, you surely will." - Pollyanna
Old 02-13-2018, 11:59 AM   #467

Yep, 3 weeks ago MSU fans loved her, now they hate her. Don't go against Izzo!
Old 02-13-2018, 12:24 PM   #468

Quote:
Yep, 3 weeks ago MSU fans loved her, now they hate her. Don't go against Izzo!
She was just in the news for her Kobe Bryant interview on the ESPN web blog The Undefeated, in a segment titled Dear Black Athlete, a portion of which must have been aired on ESPN, within which Bryant...fuck it, rather than paraphrase, here's the interview...she asks him a question to which he responds about Colin Kapernik @ about 3:25...

Now...because this is Kobe Bryant talking about something controversial and political...it's news.

I woke up uncharacteristically early this morning, and on the radio station that was talking about Bryant's comments, it was being reported that she had been fired from ESPN - which is absolutely not true.

She was re-assigned to Undefeated, which is pretty much a web blog...but when you get an interview with Kobe Bryant, and you're ESPN, you're gonna show it on world wide TV.

So I called the radio station - KABC 790, Los Angeles - and relayed the facts - she wasn't fired - she was re-assigned within ESPN - anyway, the anchor retracted that she had been fired after my call.

Last edited by tinselwolverine; 02-13-2018 at 12:27 PM.
Old 02-13-2018, 12:32 PM   #469

Do I really want to listen to that interview? LOL
Can you just summarize for me?
Old 02-13-2018, 01:05 PM   #470

Quote:
Do I really want to listen to that interview? LOL
Can you just summarize for me?
I already did. I posted "start at about 3:25." Within two minutes he says everything that's making news about what he said about Collin Kaepernick.