Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Off topic > Gambler's Habit

Old 05-23-2016, 07:46 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdalton22 View Post
exactly...thanks for making my point for me. Horse racing is stupid
I don't really watch it so I don't really have an opinion. Just like people who think hitting a small white ball into a small hole is stupid. But for ones who love Golf, like myself, I find it awesome.

Players get paralyzed in football yet we all love it.

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

The NFL can kiss my ass!!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-23-2016, 07:55 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchrapp View Post
I don't really watch it so I don't really have an opinion. Just like people who think hitting a small white ball into a small hole is stupid. But for ones who love Golf, like myself, I find it awesome.

Players get paralyzed in football yet we all love it.
people can choose if they want to play football or not.
Old 05-23-2016, 08:05 AM   #13

Quote:
people can choose if they want to play football or not.
So does that mean having a pet is stupid? They obviously can't choose.. I don't hunt but maybe outlaw hunting, I'm sure they'd choose not to die. Or fishing for that matter.

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

Old 05-23-2016, 08:15 AM   #14

Quote:
So does that mean having a pet is stupid? They obviously can't choose.. I don't hunt but maybe outlaw hunting, I'm sure they'd choose not to die. Or fishing for that matter.
The way my wife spoils our dog...they would choose to be here! As far as hunting...I think trophy hunting is barbaric too but if the hunters / fishermen eat what they kill it is OK. I'm sure other people will have a different view.
Old 05-23-2016, 08:27 AM   #15

Quote:
The way my wife spoils our dog...they would choose to be here! As far as hunting...I think trophy hunting is barbaric too but if the hunters / fishermen eat what they kill it is OK. I'm sure other people will have a different view.
But the point just like your horse choice analogy is that some animal being hunted probably doesn't want to be on someone's stove.

Old 05-23-2016, 10:16 AM   #16

There's nothing inherently wrong with horse racing; but I think it's fair to judge the state of the practice. Bad breeding and drugging is ugly.

There's nothing at all wrong with hunting or fishing your food. Far more humane to let an animal live a wild life before you eat it than the stuff that happens in factory farms.
Old 05-23-2016, 10:24 AM   #17

Quote:
But the point just like your horse choice analogy is that some animal being hunted probably doesn't want to be on someone's stove.
I just think putting an animal in grave danger so we can bet on it is different than hunting and using the animal for food (Trophy hunting is wrong IMO). That's just my opinion.
Old 05-24-2016, 11:55 AM   #18

yeah, i don't think horse racing needs to go away. its not like bullfighting and a couple horses dying at a race isnt a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

funny hearing this from the guy who's reaction to cops killing an unarmed black kid or people of Flint poisoned by lead water is more or less "theyre poor and uneducated and got what they deserve"
Old 05-24-2016, 11:58 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by michchamp View Post
yeah, i don't think horse racing needs to go away. its not like bullfighting and a couple horses dying at a race isnt a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

funny hearing this from the guy who's reaction to cops killing an unarmed black kid or people of Flint poisoned by lead water is more or less "theyre poor and uneducated and got what they deserve"
He said that about the people of flint? Shit.

Old 05-24-2016, 11:59 AM   #20

I could see him saying "But they chose to drink water."