Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Sports > Misc Sports
View Poll Results: Maywether vs McGregor
Did you bet this fight? 1 50.00%
Are you going to watch this fight? 1 50.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-26-2017, 12:50 PM   #1

Maywether v McGregor

Anyone?

I don't give someone making his professional boxing debut against arguably the best-if possibly also the boringest-much of a chance.

To me this is a bad fight back. McGregor is paying for the one and I say his odds of winning are way lower than that.

Mayweather's pay out isn't even as good as a treasury bond fund.

"When you look for the bad in mankind, expecting to find it, you surely will." - Pollyanna

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-26-2017, 01:46 PM   #2

This was supposed to have been a pole but I guess I messed up somehow. When I get to my regular desktop computer I'm going to delete this and repost the.

"When you look for the bad in mankind, expecting to find it, you surely will." - Pollyanna
Old 08-26-2017, 03:19 PM   #3

I added it for you, Tinsel.

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

The NFL can kiss my ass!!
Old 08-26-2017, 03:31 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchrapp View Post
I added it for you, Tinsel.
Thanks but that wasn't the poll. The poll was "did you bet this fight?" And "are you going to pay to watch this fight?"

If you want to change it to that though I'd appreciate it.

Old 08-26-2017, 03:49 PM   #5

I have. Let me know if you can select both.. They had the option but after I changed it it went away so I don't know. Sorry about the mix up.

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

Old 08-26-2017, 03:57 PM   #6

Not watching this fight, certainly not paying for it.

It's a gimmick to make these guys millions of dollars, and in the end will be a terrible fight, not worth whatever you end up paying for it (either the full price, or splitting it) because McGregor can't box, and Mayweather will run backwards like a little bitch like he always does.
"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
Old 08-26-2017, 04:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchrapp View Post
I have. Let me know if you can select both.. They had the option but after I changed it it went away so I don't know. Sorry about the mix up.
Thanks Mitch. Looks like a person can only select one, I guess I didn't really think it through. It's actually more of a survey than a poll.

I didn't bet on it and I'm not going to watch it. Usually during big fights ESPN covers each round at the end of the round. Maybe I'll tune in to that. I think Mayweather will probably land enough punches to score a TKO in the eighth or ninth round. If I have to pick one of the two I'll say nine.

Old 08-26-2017, 04:28 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinselwolverine View Post
Thanks Mitch. Looks like a person can only select one, I guess I didn't really think it through. It's actually more of a survey than a poll.

I didn't bet on it and I'm not going to watch it. Usually during big fights ESPN covers each round at the end of the round. Maybe I'll tune in to that. I think Mayweather will probably land enough punches to score a TKO in the eighth or ninth round. If I have to pick one of the two I'll say nine.
Sorry about that. Personally I agree with what Thumb said. I won't watch or bet.. Even a good match because it's too expensive. Back in Michigan I might have with my friends and cutting the cost but one guy can't box. And I don't like McGregor at all. Loud mouth, imo.

Old 08-26-2017, 04:56 PM   #9

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...get-30-million
Floyd Mayweather's purse at $100M; Conor McGregor's $30M biggest of career.
espn

The one thing that hasn't been mentioned much is that mayweather's career record is 49 and 0. He is tied with the great Rocky Marciano who retired with that same record. Most wins without a loss.
If or when mayweather beats McGregor, his people will say he has the record.
It will be argued by purist that this fight is more like an exhibition, McGregor is not a boxer, where he hasn't had any boxing matches from what I have read.

Conor Anthony McGregor is an Irish professional mixed martial artist and professional boxer who is currently signed to the Ultimate Fighting Championship. He is the reigning UFC Lightweight Champion, and former
UFC Featherweight Champion.
Master of Mixed martial arts, Taekwondo, Brazilian jiu-jitsu, Karate, Kickboxing.

I don't like mayweather for all he has done outside the ring, wife and girlfriend beater, and battery charges.
Not rooting for him, but he will probably win.

https://www.si.com/boxing/2017/06/15...or-fight-rules
McGregor prohibited from elbowing, kicking Mayweather during fight.
SI

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/boxing/0/...ing-ufc-rules/
Will the McGregor vs Mayweather fight use boxing or UFC rules?
"Kaline in my book is the greatest righthanded hitter in the league". Ted Williams.
Old 08-26-2017, 07:08 PM   #10

Prelims is on Fox network broadcast.

I don't remember that ever happening before for a pay-per-view fight.