Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Sports > Detroit Lions > NFL General Board

Old 09-15-2017, 06:23 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchrapp View Post
"TV ratings for the NFLís Thursday night opener got sacked ó again ó falling for the fourth straight year. While the NFL still commands the largest young, male demographic of any programming, the 12 percent decline from last seasonís opener..."

And that was NE vs KC. Marque match up.
followed by a Hou and Cin mega stinker.

If i had a choice...which i do this sunday because the lions play mon night.....then i would watch redzone 10 times out of 10 over an actual game. Watching an actual lions game just reminds me how ridiculous officiating in this sport is. Every kick off and punt return...flag. Holding....flag. PI....flag. False Start....FLAG! FLAGG FLAG FLAGGETY FLAG FLAG.

Theyve turned the sport into something pretty boring to watch.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-15-2017, 06:47 PM   #12

I watch the Lions and that's pretty much it, follow scores for fantasy league purposes only. but yes have noticed that also, I can't watch a Lions game without getting upset over all the stupid ass flags for stupid ass shit all over the stupid ass place all stupid ass day long. It has really made the game less enjoyable, nobody watches games to see how many flags you can throw GD! ffkkk man. I mean yeah some are necessary but damn it's out of control. that PI in the end zone against the Lions last week for AZ last score, for example, was just fuckign stupid.

conversation I had last night with someone.

Get your lineup in yet game tonight?
Who's playing
oh hell just a couple of barn burners
Cinn and Hou

Meh I don't have anybody on these teams
Me neither.

Way to go NFL not must-see TV anymore.

Last edited by tigermud; 09-15-2017 at 06:55 PM.
Old 09-16-2017, 12:08 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchrapp View Post
I plan on watching 1 game this year.. Detroit on thanksgiving. I realized last Sunday I rather play XCOM 2 over the NFL.
You're so hardcore lol
Old 09-16-2017, 12:12 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermud View Post
I watch the Lions and that's pretty much it, follow scores for fantasy league purposes only. but yes have noticed that also, I can't watch a Lions game without getting upset over all the stupid ass flags for stupid ass shit all over the stupid ass place all stupid ass day long. It has really made the game less enjoyable, nobody watches games to see how many flags you can throw GD! ffkkk man. I mean yeah some are necessary but damn it's out of control. that PI in the end zone against the Lions last week for AZ last score, for example, was just fuckign stupid.

conversation I had last night with someone.

Get your lineup in yet game tonight?
Who's playing
oh hell just a couple of barn burners
Cinn and Hou

Meh I don't have anybody on these teams
Me neither.

Way to go NFL not must-see TV anymore.
That game was loaded with superstars though lol. Might have been boring to watch but don't even try to tell me that there were nobodies out there. That's completely false if you are....
Old 09-16-2017, 12:30 AM   #15

Lions play Sunday . I will tune in to the Sunday night game after wife goes to bed and that is it. I may even wait till after the other zombie show is over.

Seriously how does anyone get bit by a slow moving zombie? Stupid just like me watching it ..
FIND A DAMN RUNNING BACK!
Old 09-16-2017, 11:02 AM   #16

Why are you guys constantly on a football board if you despise the game so much? Lol. You bag on the Lions, you rip on other teams but still live on this board 24/7. I don't get it.
Old 09-16-2017, 12:18 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyballs2 View Post
Why are you guys constantly on a football board if you despise the game so much? Lol. You bag on the Lions, you rip on other teams but still live on this board 24/7. I don't get it.
It's good therapy
Old 09-16-2017, 02:11 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermud View Post
It's good therapy
Therapy??? Putting yourself through agony is therapy? Lol. Whatever floats your boat, dude...
Old 09-16-2017, 02:59 PM   #19

Quote:
Therapy??? Putting yourself through agony is therapy? Lol. Whatever floats your boat, dude...
addiction to agony
Old 09-16-2017, 03:11 PM   #20

Quote:
I love football...but you cant tell me the rules theyve established over the last decade hasnt slowed the game down to a snails pace.

I remember in high school doing sideline tackling and cover drills as a DB. We were literally taught to aim for the earhole. Flag!

Press coverage....taught to put your hand right under the shoulder pad and ride him into the dirt. FLAG!

50% of the secondary in the league at this point have to be lucky not to give up a reception or get a flag called them on each play. Its ridiculous.