Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Conference Championship Saturday thread

SpartyNash

This UCF-Memphis game is nuts. Top 2 offenses in the country and they are lighting up the scoreboard.

Memphis' coach pulling a Jim Caldwell with this asinine time management late. Going to cost them the game possibly. All 3 timeouts and you allow a delay of game penalty to push your 47 yard kick to 52 yards. And with a shitty kicker and you decide to attempt an extremely long FG that he misses to give UCF great field position (who then turns it over anyways, but still).

Last edited:
UCF fans don't understand that their team couldn't decline the illegal procedure call on the first FG attempt; mute point because the second attempt was missed...although had UCF been able to deny the penalty, they would have had much better field position in these closing seconds of regulation...

UCF fans don't understand that their team couldn't decline the illegal procedure call on the first FG attempt; mute point because the second attempt was missed...although had UCF been able to deny the penalty, they would have had much better field position in these closing seconds of regulation...

I heard them booing and laughed, do they not know how the rules work?

How the fuck do you have 5 delay of games in one game

I heard them booing and laughed, do they not know how the rules work?

Not the ones who booed.

Not every fan is like those of us on this board - spending 12 hours in front of three televisions and a computer monitor every Saturday during the college football season.

Not the ones who booed.

Not every fan is like those of us on this board - spending 12 hours in front of three televisions and a computer monitor every Saturday during the college football season.

I feel bad for them, what unfulfilling lives.

SEC title game has been relatively boring so far. Better than the OU TCU game though I suppose.

Very impressed with Georgia. Mostly a game manager at quarterback who I guess can make the plays that need to be made, but a tough as nails defense and they can trot out one talented running back after another. Maybe a poor man's version of some of Saban's best Alabama teams. Auburn is good too, but they've taken this game over.

Last edited:
If OSU wins the committee will be in a world of hurt. Especially if they do it convincingly. Georgia, Oklahoma, ACC winner are in that leaves one spot for OSU or Alabama. OSU would have much stronger wins but 2 losses. Would be interesting to see what they do

Last edited:
If Ohio State wins I think they should be in despite the awful Iowa loss. I think Alabama would get in however. I thought Penn State deserved in last year over OSU for the reason of a conference title and head to head as well.

Tough call. I think Alabama is the better team, but their resume is actually pretty thin when you look at it.

Or put another way, I think Bama gives Clemson, OU, and/or Georgia a good game even if they don't necessarily win. I think OSU and for that matter Wisconsin get rolled by any of those 3 teams.

And actually PSU on a neutral field is probably still the best team in the Big Ten.

Last edited:
Tough call. I think Alabama is the better team, but their resume is actually pretty thin when you look at it.

Or put another way, I think Bama gives Clemson, OU, and/or Georgia a good game even if they don't necessarily win. I think OSU and for that matter Wisconsin get rolled by any of those 3 teams.

And actually PSU on a neutral field is probably still the best team in the Big Ten.

I agree with you. Alabama?s best win is LSU or Mississippi State, next best might be Texas a&m which is quite telling.

Imo, the 4 teams should be Clemson, Oklahoma, UGA, and Auburn - in no particular order.

Back