Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Sports > Detroit Pistons

Old 01-29-2018, 07:42 PM   #11

It's just too much. I would have seen what Bradley could have got.. I love harris.
FIND A DAMN RUNNING BACK!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-29-2018, 07:48 PM   #12

Well, Bradley was likely gone after this year. He's not going to continue to play for this decrepit organization.

Harris will command a max somewhere.
Old 01-29-2018, 08:04 PM   #13

Griffin has played an average of 54 games a year the previous 3 seasons and has already missed 16 games this season. He makes $35 million a year. The 1st round pick in the trade is a killer, it was going to be a lotto pick and this draft class will be excellent.
Old 01-29-2018, 08:05 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny2x2x View Post
Griffin has played an average of 54 games a year the previous 3 seasons and has already missed 16 games this season. He makes $35 million a year. The 1st round pick in the trade is a killer, it was going to be a lotto pick and this draft class will be excellent.
It doesn't matter how good the draft class is. Stan can't draft.
Old 01-29-2018, 08:42 PM   #15

Seems like a short term move for a team that should be thinking long term. SVG seems a little desperate on this one for some buzz. Hope it works out, but I just don't see it with Blake's history.
Old 01-29-2018, 08:44 PM   #16

I think people are really overvaluing that draft pick. Pistons are in quite a rut right now but I don't think they plummet to the point where it's a pick where you pick a game changer. Blake Griffin can be a game changer and is under team control for a few years.

Someone mentioned 'see what we could get for just Bradley'. Not much I imagine, especially considering his contract is up after this year.

I'm not super excited, I really like Harris, but this team needed a shake up and this is about as big a shake up as was going to happen. Curious to see how Griffin and Drummond play together.
Old 01-29-2018, 08:48 PM   #17

Can we all at least agree that when he plays, Griffin is by far the best player in this trade? Can we all agree that Griffin, a tremendous passer who can regularly create his own shot, fits a desperate need for playmaking while also having the shooting skill to keep the paint open? Can we all agree that there may not be a better partner for Drummond than a long term teammate of Deandre Jordan?

I am not here to say this is a slam dunk, or even a win, but come on. We just turned a couple quarters and dimes into a dollar bill. Even if that dollar bill is counterfeit, isn't it with the risk? Isn't the chance of having 2 top 20 players in the league better than whatever half assed plan SVG had to build this collection of middling talents?
Old 01-29-2018, 08:51 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by everyoneneedsasmil View Post
We just turned a couple quarters and dimes into a dollar bill. Even if that dollar bill is counterfeit, isn't it with the risk? Isn't the chance of having 2 top 20 players in the league better than whatever half assed plan SVG had to build this collection of middling talents?
That's a great way to look at it.
Old 01-29-2018, 09:15 PM   #19

How did the Pistons play with Monroe, and Drummond i forget . Must not have been great .. I just hate losing any draft picks at all even though Stan eould fuck the pick up anyway. My opinion Clippers win the deal big time but oh well guess see we had to do something. Maybe Blake can play point guard until Jackson gets back lol.. Hate that Blake only averages 54 games a season.
FIND A DAMN RUNNING BACK!

Last edited by biggunsbob; 01-29-2018 at 09:18 PM.
Old 01-29-2018, 09:21 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsbob View Post
How did the Pistons play with Monroe, and Drummond i forget . Must not have been great ..
Monroe lol? Have you ever seen Griffin play outside of highlights? That comparison is silly.