Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Sports > Detroit Lions > NFL General Board

Old 02-05-2018, 12:59 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchild98 View Post
Philly was 10-14 on 3rd down against Minnesota and the Vikes had the #1 defense. Philly is a really good offensive team.
It's Nick freaking back up Foles.. 12 for 16 on third and fourth down ... pathetic defensive game plan.. and to not try something different...jist wow.
FIND A DAMN RUNNING BACK!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 02-05-2018, 01:17 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsbob View Post
It's Nick freaking back up Foles.. 12 for 16 on third and fourth down ... pathetic defensive game plan.. and to not try something different...jist wow.
You're still on this train? Big Dick Nick Foles is no joke. Stop acting like he's Dan Orlovsky.
Old 02-05-2018, 01:25 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sggatecl View Post
You're still on this train? Big Dick Nick Foles is no joke. Stop acting like he's Dan Orlovsky.
Then why did he flame out after getting that big contract after his 27/2 season ? He almost retired lol...I never said he was Orlovsky lol. But there is a reason only 3 back up qb's have won super bowls. Maybe Butler could have made a play because good old NF was throwing dimes into tight windows. Would you pay him big bucks to be your starting qb?
Old 02-05-2018, 01:28 PM   #14

Quote:
Then why did he flame out after getting that big contract after his 27/2 season ? He almost retired lol...I never said he was Orlovsky lol. But there is a reason only 3 back up qb's have won super bowls. Maybe Butler could have made a play because good old NF was throwing dimes into tight windows. Would you pay him big bucks to be your starting qb?
You have to understand the Eagles have a great offense. It's no different than when Cassel won 10 games why Brady was hurt.

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

The NFL can kiss my ass!!
Old 02-05-2018, 01:33 PM   #15

Quote:
Foles and Wentz have nearly identical career stats. Would you still be having the same panic attack if Wentz was playing?

And in reference to why he 'flamed out' in St Louis, just take a look at that roster. You're smarter than that. Tavon Austin was his #1 guy. Give me a break.

Last edited by sggatecl; 02-05-2018 at 01:35 PM.
Old 02-05-2018, 01:58 PM   #16

rumors are out that Butler missed curfew, had weed on him when he showed up to the hotel and then got into it with coaches about it.

https://www.chatsports.com/new-engla...bowl-lii-37300
Old 02-05-2018, 03:08 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by sggatecl View Post
Foles and Wentz have nearly identical career stats. Would you still be having the same panic attack if Wentz was playing?

And in reference to why he 'flamed out' in St Louis, just take a look at that roster. You're smarter than that. Tavon Austin was his #1 guy. Give me a break.
I am giving you a break . He is not that good. Agree to disagree . His coach out coached Bill and Matt. There is a reason he is not a starter in the nfl.
Old 02-05-2018, 03:15 PM   #18

Quote:
I am giving you a break . He is not that good. Agree to disagree . His coach out coached Bill and Matt. There is a reason he is not a starter in the nfl.
You think Stafford is a good QB, eh? What if he was in Cleveland with them? Sometimes it's the teams that make you look good and sometimes they make you look bad. I don't know if Foles is a quality QB or not but during the past few weeks vs quality teams he sure looked the part.

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

Last edited by Mitchrapp; 02-05-2018 at 03:16 PM.
Old 02-05-2018, 03:18 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchrapp View Post
You think Stafford is a good QB, eh? What if he was in Cleveland with them? Sometimes it's the teams that make you look good and sometimes they make you look bad. I don't know if Foles is a quality QB or not but during the past few weeks vs quality teams he sure looked the part.
This is true. Wish the lions had a super bowl win like this with any qb !!!!
Old 02-05-2018, 03:32 PM   #20

Quote:
This is true. Wish the lions had a super bowl win like this with any qb !!!!
No doubt. We might have lost our chance when we got rid of this guy..