Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Eric Berry has a Mass in his chest

I'm sorry but I don't understand why a guy with a non-football injury is automatically done for the season. To me, health comes first but lets say it turns out to be non-cancerous and just a minor procedure is needed and he could be back in 4 weeks, why should he have to forfeit the rest of the year including playoffs. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Regardless, hope he gets through this and lives a very productive life whether football is part of it or not.

Maybe they need the roster spot. In any event, non cancerous we hope, he still had some chest discomfort. You don't mess with that.

If I'm the NFL, dealing with all the negativity from the concussion lawsuits, I set it up so a player with a non-football illness can submit documents or whatever that validate the concern, allow the team to fill roster spot, and if guy gets better then he can return to replace the player who had been brought in.

People should know their health comes first and won't be punished for having an illness.

I agree with both of you ... Damn I hope it is not cancer..

Back