Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Is Leicester 5000 to 1 upset the greatest sporting shock?

Last edited:
Omg you dick Lol!!! I was casually clicking on the first link and I was not even thinking about the Damn wolverine debacle.. Well played sir !!!!!!

Great one game upsets lists . But remember LC was a whole season but yours are probably bigger upsets I think ..

Thought you'd like that.

Though not a season long event.......Buster Douglas vs Tyson comes to mind.

Season long.....

'62 Mets
'99 Rams
Even the '03 Pistons

It's hands down the biggest sporting shock because of the maintenance of the pace. It's one thing for a team to win a game as an underdog. It's another thing to have come up from a lower division two years ago and lead the league from start to finish. Anyone can jump up and shock a win or few (NCAA tournament). It's another thing to go an entire year.

Thier 7 year climb to the third level to the title is something. I think the other thread has article on it..

Back