Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

4 Men Who Have Won 72% of All NBA Titles

4 men who won 72% of all titles, with stacked teams, in the last 60 years. That's a better assessment..

How do you get stacked teams? By shrewd drafting and trading.

Red Auerbach was a f'n genius in those two areas.

Popovich and the Spurs have been the NBA's best kept secret.

and fuck Riley and Jackson, lol.

How do you get stacked teams? By shrewd drafting and trading.

Red Auerbach was a f'n genius in those two areas.

Popovich and the Spurs have been the NBA's best kept secret.

and fuck Riley and Jackson, lol.

Jackson got lucky because Mike Jordon went 3rd.

Riley got lucky with Shaq, I mean who just lets Shaq go. And Shaq took less money just to get out of Orlando. Pure luck..

Auerback was pretty good at what he did though everyone thought Bob Cousey was going to be the number pick he picked the first black guy in history, he lucked into Cousey (Same draft) when the team who drafted him (2 picks later) didn't want to meet his demand, he was sent to another team who was about to fold - they had a random draw draft and the Celtics win Cousey.. Luck. Bill Russell, this guy was made to go number 1, but that team didn't him so he went two. The Hawks would go on to draft Russell, but were interested in the Celtics' Ed Macauley. He wanted to be near his sick son. Celtics added another player and the trade was made. Made some nice acquisitions but some of these big ones to get them started were pretty lucky imo.

I could say Pop got lucky that the team fired the previous HD after 18 games the team had many injuries including David Robinson. After winning 64 the year before they won less they 20. Number 1 pick, Duncan. Rest is history.

iirc the Celtics drafted Chuck Cooper. Among the first Blacks in the NBA along with Earl Lloyd and Nat 'Sweetwater' Clifton who I remember, mostly from his name.

The other Celtic's player Red traded with Easy Ed McCauley was Cliff Hagan.

Red also drafted Larry Bird in 1978, before he finished at Indiana State 1979.
NBA put in a rule after wards that a team couldn't draft a player before he finished his college career.

I was under impression that NBA is fixed.

This definitely vindicates the NBA and I am now convinced to have been wrong.

iirc the Celtics drafted Chuck Cooper. Among the first Blacks in the NBA along with Earl Lloyd and Nat 'Sweetwater' Clifton who I remember, mostly from his name.

The other Celtic's player Red traded with Easy Ed McCauley was Cliff Hagan.

Red also drafted Larry Bird in 1978, before he finished at Indiana State 1979.
NBA put in a rule after wards that a team couldn't draft a player before he finished his college career.

I was just mostly having fun.. You have to have some luck now and then. Like when Barry Sanders slide to 3, because GB drafted steroid boy..

Mitch, you and the guys here know the only boston team I like are the Celtics.

But when the Pistons played the lakers for the championship I was rooting for the "Bad Boys" all the way.
Pistons would have had another title except for the chintzy foul call against them that Kareem shot the free throws to win. f'n lakers.

Mitch, you and the guys here know the only boston team I like are the Celtics.

But when the Pistons played the lakers for the championship I was rooting for the "Bad Boys" all the way.
Pistons would have had another title except for the chintzy foul call against them that Kareem shot the free throws to win. f'n lakers.

I know you are, and that foul on Kareem was total BS.

Back