Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Fairley Heart

I can't feel sorry for the guy. Several good years in the NFL, millions made, and he is able to retire and treat his health now while there is still something they can do to allow him to enjoy his life.

Good luck to him from here.

I can't feel sorry for the guy. Several good years in the NFL, millions made, and he is able to retire and treat his health now while there is still something they can do to allow him to enjoy his life.

Good luck to him from here.

I'd assume a heart condition, any heart condition can be dangerous - NFL or not.

I'd assume a heart condition, any heart condition can be dangerous - NFL or not.

That's my point Mitch. They found it. It is dangerous. It's a good thing they found it while it can be treated.

Imagine how bad this could have been if he had kept playing. He's not a small guy, it puts a lot of wear on the ticker to run that motor full speed when it's got a problem.

He could have been dead on a field. Instead, yes, his career is over, but he's alive and can get help.

I'm happy for the guy, because it could have ended up so much worse for him and his family.

That's my point Mitch. They found it. It is dangerous. It's a good thing they found it while it can be treated.

Imagine how bad this could have been if he had kept playing. He's not a small guy, it puts a lot of wear on the ticker to run that motor full speed when it's got a problem.

He could have been dead on a field. Instead, yes, his career is over, but he's alive and can get help.

I'm happy for the guy, because it could have ended up so much worse for him and his family.

Sure it could have but it can't be easy stopping something you're done your whole life.. Less money so less spending. Sure he's alive but it can't be easy?

Sure it could have but it can't be easy stopping something you're done your whole life.. Less money so less spending. Sure he's alive but it can't be easy?

Oh, I am 100% sure it can't be easy, but I would have to think it's easier to walk away with a medical condition than to be one of those guys that is looking for his next contract and not getting any calls.

It's got to be easier to swallow this news when you know you had to walk away, that you made the choice, than to sit around and think "man, I'm washed up and no one wants me anymore".

I gotta think it's easier knowing you were wanted, and just couldn't go, than to think no one wanted you when you were ready to go.

Back