Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Anquan Boldin leaves Bills camp, says he?s retiring

I don't blame him for retiring either. Fourteen years in the NFL is a long time. If he was chasing a ring I think he would have had better options than the Bills.

I have a question. Do you consider him a hall of famer?

9th in receptions, 14th in yards, 23rd in receiving TDs, 3 pro bowls, ROY

I say no. He was never in the conversation as best WR in the game. To me, that leaves him on the outside looking in.

I don't blame him for retiring either. Fourteen years in the NFL is a long time. If he was chasing a ring I think he would have had better options than the Bills.

I say no. He was never in the conversation as best WR in the game. To me, that leaves him on the outside looking in.

He's been a darn good player.. Not sure but I don't believe you have to be in a conversation as the best to get in. Regardless, that's a toughie. If they have a vets committee like baseball then maybe at that time. I don't think the voters are favorable for WR.

I remember his first game when he torched us for over 200.

He's been a darn good player.. Not sure but I don't believe you have to be in a conversation as the best to get in. Regardless, that's a toughie. If they have a vets committee like baseball then maybe at that time. I don't think the voters are favorable for WR.

That game still haunts me.... Remember exactly where I was and what I was doing too this day

That game still haunts me.... Remember exactly where I was and what I was doing too this day

Didn't we win that game though? Of course we only won a few more the rest of the season.

Didn't we win that game though? Of course we only won a few more the rest of the season.

I remember that one too. Not only did we win that game, Harrington and Rogers had good games and Bly had a pick 6. I guess it's memorable because those games were few and far between back then.

Tough call. Might not be considered one of the best but he was a baller forever. The respect is through the roof with this man. Tough, longevity, put up very good numbers, SB winner and his dedication to make the world a better place I think gets him in. Will probably need to fall into the right class though...

That is just my litmus test for any Hall of Fame. You have to be in the conversation as best at your position. To me, it eliminates a simple numbers game to get into a HOF.

Sandy Koufax and Gale Sayers are the examples that come to mind. Their numbers aren't huge but they were great during their short careers. Some guys get too much respect for bulk numbers.

That is just my litmus test for any Hall of Fame. You have to be in the conversation as best at your position. To me, it eliminates a simple numbers game to get into a HOF.

Sandy Koufax and Gale Sayers are the examples that come to mind. Their numbers aren't huge but they were great during their short careers. Some guys get too much respect for bulk numbers.

I think longevity should be a part of it. Look at Terrell Davis. He got in and I don't think he should have. He had one great year and 2 good years and he's a HOF player??? Him getting in before Terrell Owens is a joke.

And a lot of players get too much respect when their TEAM wins championships. Troy Aikman is a prime example of that. His numbers were mediocre and that's being generous lol...

I think longevity should be a part of it. Look at Terrell Davis. He got in and I don't think he should have. He had one great year and 2 good years and he's a HOF player??? Him getting in before Terrell Owens is a joke.

I don't think Davis or Warner deserve to be in the HOF. Owens not in there is beyond retarded. You can debate that he was the best WR to ever play the game. Just because he was a supposed problem child during his playing days shouldn't deter him from being in the HOF. He was a beast...
Peter Schrager from GMFB on the NFLN explained it best. The HOF voters are grumpy old fucks that are all butthurt from years past. Too set in their ways and most won't budge. Time for change...

Last edited:
Back